CPW releases map of potential wolf reintroduction area

Status
Not open for further replies.

slick

WKR
Will the tables turn on the Grey wolf and it will be ok to shoot them and viewed as morally acceptable amongst the Huggers to save the Mexis?

Will the tables turn on the Grey wolf and it will be ok to shoot them and viewed as morally acceptable amongst the Huggers to save the Mexis?
You already know the answer to that. They will just double their fund raising lawsuits. You know the line: We need to save the grey wolf habitat so they will stop migrating into the red wolf's and killing them. Sh!#, you might as well throw in some Ursus arctos horribilis to go along with the wolves!

49ereric

WKR
Works great on the internet, not so much in real I’ll
I've pointed out the same a number of times. I get to thinkin though, if we say "there's already wolves in CO naturally, they will get there anyway" isn't that basically saying they'll eventually put an end to the mexican red wolf just on a longer timeline?
No. If the grey wolves haven’t kill them off before man stated exterminating wolves then it might not happen.
Wolves will kill every coyote they can and pets. Coyotes just moved to thicker woods here to survive and they are doing fine.

I think the only thing that would make them stop and turn around, is a door that is traveling about 3000fps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slick

WKR
You already know the answer to that. They will just double their fund raising lawsuits. You know the line: We need to save the grey wolf habitat so they will stop migrating into the red wolf's and killing them. Sh!#, you might as well throw in some Ursus arctos horribilis to go along with the wolves!

I really don't think I know the answer to that. It will, in my mind, be one of the more fascinating social experiments in my lifetime.

I really don't think I know the answer to that. It will, in my mind, be one of the more fascinating social experiments in my lifetime.
It will be interesting for sure. I’ve found, as I’m sure most everyone that has been around the wolf reintroduction in ID, MT and Wy is that the green groups never play a fair hand. Idaho reached the agreed up number by 1999. After all of the lawsuits filed by the greens, there was a first season a full decade later. These groups use peoples emotions to generate huge amounts of money. By locking everything up in court, it gets that much harder to get a control on the population.
If the greys start moving in on the reds, they will never blame the animals. It will be human encroachment that drove them out of their natural habitat and down into the reds territory. You will never get a fair shake from these groups. They will keep moving the goalposts,raising untold amounts of donations and filing lawsuits.
There is a good, 5 series story on Idaho’s wolf reintroduction on Idrange.org.

If the wolves ever develop a taste for domestic sheep, they’ll be three thousand of them living in that highlighted area within a decade.
They raise hell with flocks of sheep. They don’t necessarily eat them but they get into a frenzy and flat put the hurt on them. They got into a flock this summer in Idaho and killed somewhere around 150 in one night.

They raise hell with flocks of sheep. They don’t necessarily eat them but they get into a frenzy and flat put the hurt on them. They got into a flock this summer in Idaho and killed somewhere around 150 in one night.
This is probably going to get sone people fired up. But, the abuse that grazers are creating in those areas with over grazing, and the lack of response from the forest service, the wolves would run wild for a bit before the ranchers could ever stop them.

Wolves in Colorado suck. I’m not wanting them. I’m just saying the ranchers are ruining the hunting in there with so many sheep. And, crickets from the forest service when they don’t get them out on time.

Wow...I am amazed by people's comments everytime one of these wolf threads pop up. I'd elaborate on the insanely stupid things I've read here but I've recently been banned from a thread for doing that so I'll keep it to myself.

I'll just say this: Based on the general consensus here, I'd think I was listening to the ravings of a bunch of old women from 13th century Europe. Or a bunch of greedy ranchers from 100 years ago. Apparently this wolf hysteria will never die, no matter how many centuries pass.

What do you think impacts elk and deer populations more: wolves or men? Off the top of my head, I can think of dozens of ways that humans and their progress displace and kill tens of thousands of animals every year.

But no, the big bad wolves are what will ruin everything. Not urban sprawl, not housing editions and resorts built in prime forest areas. Not paved roads being laid so that anyone can drive into your old honey hole or highways cutting off migration routes. Not the public lands being sold to wealthy people. Not the mega ranches. Not the CWD from animals that are in too close proximity of each other. Not the.... I could go on but my fingers are getting tired.

Debate what I've written if you want to but I'd urge you to do some reading and objective thinking instead. Caveman arguments get no attention from me so your time would be better spent on education anyways.

I personally think the wolf thing will be bad
For hunting and business. I think antis use wolfs as a way to get at hunting

There is no talk of bringing Grizzly back. All this talk of restore to historic conditions by these wolf lovers . Yet Didn’t we have grizzlies?

This is probably going to get sone people fired up. But, the abuse that grazers are creating in those areas with over grazing, and the lack of response from the forest service, the wolves would run wild for a bit before the ranchers could ever stop them.

Wolves in Colorado suck. I’m not wanting them. I’m just saying the ranchers are ruining the hunting in there with so many sheep. And, crickets from the forest service when they don’t get them out on time.
I’ve got no arguments with that. Ranchers run the risk of losing stock every time they turn animals loose on the range.

Wow...I am amazed by people's comments everytime one of these wolf threads pop up. I'd elaborate on the insanely stupid things I've read here but I've recently been banned from a thread for doing that so I'll keep it to myself.

I'll just say this: Based on the general consensus here, I'd think I was listening to the ravings of a bunch of old women from 13th century Europe. Or a bunch of greedy ranchers from 100 years ago. Apparently this wolf hysteria will never die, no matter how many centuries pass.

What do you think impacts elk and deer populations more: wolves or men? Off the top of my head, I can think of dozens of ways that humans and their progress displace and kill tens of thousands of animals every year.

But no, the big bad wolves are what will ruin everything. Not urban sprawl, not housing editions and resorts built in prime forest areas. Not paved roads being laid so that anyone can drive into your old honey hole or highways cutting off migration routes. Not the public lands being sold to wealthy people. Not the mega ranches. Not the CWD from animals that are in too close proximity of each other. Not the.... I could go on but my fingers are getting tired.

Debate what I've written if you want to but I'd urge you to do some reading and objective thinking instead. Caveman arguments get no attention from me so your time would be better spent on education anyways.
I’ve got the education of living and hunting in Idaho before wolves were reintroduced and the almost 30 years since. If it wasn’t for ag ground and the urban/rural interface Idaho’s elk population would be a shadow of what it once was.The historic Selway herd is non existent, Central Idaho is stuck in a predator pit.

Hunt4lyf

Lil-Rokslider
I personally think the wolf thing will be bad
For hunting and business. I think antis use wolfs as a way to get at hunting

There is no talk of bringing Grizzly back. All this talk of restore to historic conditions by these wolf lovers . Yet Didn’t we have grizzlies?
I’d like to see Grizzlies back in the state.

Okhotnik

WKR
I’ve got the education of living and hunting in Idaho before wolves were reintroduced and the almost 30 years since. If it wasn’t for ag ground and the urban/rural interface Idaho’s elk population would be a shadow of what it once was.The historic Selway herd is non existent, Central Idaho is stuck in a predator pit.
The guy has never been in a woods in his life and has zero experience. He's just regurgitating nonsense
Amazing these types end up on hunting forums and actually think that sportsmen buy into their lies and propaganda

Okhotnik

WKR

I have shot a lot of elk and deer in areas right after sheep grazed. Now ranches have turned into safe havens for deer and elk , moose from the wolves in Montana, Idaho Washington, Wyoming Oregon. But don't let real world facts ruin your wolf worshipping in the wilds of West Virginny

Status
Not open for further replies.