CPW Secondary Draw List is up

cnelk

WKR
No tag?

Here ya go - good luck

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
The elk tag I applied for went through, but after entering the deer tag that shows available it said "that tag not available"???? Tried it twice with the same result.

swamphunter

Lil-Rokslider
Mine did the same thing on the deer tag I applied for.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Is it possible that someone already turned a tag back in? There are a couple tags on there that I know for certain sold out in the first round....

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
They either turned the tags in, or they didn't pay for them by the deadline. There's a lot of tags in there that sold out in the first draw.

I was hoping to get a good deer tag and chase deer around the first week, then go on my buddy's ML elk hunt and my daughter's ML cow hunt, and then use the last 10+ days of the season to chase elk around for me.

ericF

WKR
Remember that Youth have 100% preference for the secondary draw. So if there is a desirable tag and there is only 1 then it is highly likely that a youth will get put in for it giving an adult 0% chance. As someone with a 1'st year hunter I'm not complaining, but it does add uncertainty.

WTFJohn

WKR
The elk tag I applied for went through, but after entering the deer tag that shows available it said "that tag not available"???? Tried it twice with the same result.

I'm getting the same kick back error for two deer tags I just tried, I'll call CPW when they open and post back what they say; I'm guessing a system error is keeping a lot of these tags locked off.

PAhunter58

Lil-Rokslider
cnelk, You seem to be one of the most knowledgeable guys here. I have to turn in an Elk tag for CO, cause it interferes with a NM tag I drew. Don't you have to send back the tag once you receive it to keep your PP?
Has CO sent out tags yet?

PassCreek

FNG
cnelk, You seem to be one of the most knowledgeable guys here. I have to turn in an Elk tag for CO, cause it interferes with a NM tag I drew. Don't you have to send back the tag once you receive it to keep your PP?
I'm not cnelk, but yes, you'll have to send the tag back and NOT get a refund, if you want your preference points back.

I haven't received my Elk license yet either, and one of my buddies hasn't received his Deer license as well. I did receive my Pronghorn tag already.

PAhunter58

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not cnelk, but yes, you'll have to send the tag back and NOT get a refund, if you want your preference points back.

I haven't received my Elk license yet either, and one of my buddies hasn't received his Deer license as well. I did receive my Pronghorn tag already.
I said cnelk, since he started the thread. Was not responding to you.

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR

As stated, you either get a refund or PP back if a tag is returned. Not both.

Also, you dont have to have your tag in hand to return it. Just call a CPW office [or go in if nearby] and they should be able to delete your active tag.

Longshot being cast here.

I would like to try for a secondary draw this year but before just putting in for a solo permit and heading out alone, if anyone needs a partner or third wheel I'd be happy to join a party.

From NC, 37, good physical shape, physical outside job, and have everything ready but a tent.

Happy to learn and help pack your elk out before going after my own. No preference on Cow or Bull, either is fine. I've been trying to come out for 4 years now and either my buddies have backed out or I have had to stay home for a cancer treatment.

Anyone that may be needing a hand or wants to mentor, I'm game.

Thanks.
[email protected]

They got me for 14 more dollars. Long shots, but we shall see.

Wow, seeing that youth get 4 shots per tag, really long shots.

Last edited: