CPW Strategic Planning Meeting in Fort Collins - we need to go!

1hoda

Banned
Hey Fort Collins area Roksliders,

CPW is having a Strategic Planning meeting in Fort Collins - we need to go.

I recently was in touch with the DOW in Denver about how they never have input meetings near us and was told that in the past there were fewer than a half dozen people show up, so we shouldn't be disappointed when decisions get made by the inside crowd. I guess you can't argue with that even though I don't like it. I'll be the first to admit that I"m very frustrated with the lack of input, but if you don't participate you don't have grounds to complain.

Let's show them that there are a lot of us and that we insist that sportsmen's voices be heard. For instance, we've now got the 1/4 mile restriction on Brainerd Lake moose hunting - if we don't speak up when we have the chance, we will lose ground at an even faster pace.

The meeting is March 10, 6:30 -8:30 PM at the Council Tree Library, 2733 Council Tree Ave. Maybe we could meet at Five Guys across the street for a burger before hand.

From the CPW emai:

CPW SEEKING INPUT ON STRATEGIC PLAN IN NE REGION MEETINGS

DENVER - Colorado Parks and Wildlife (CPW) seeks public input for the development of a 2015 strategic plan. CPW invites the public to workshops scheduled in the Northeast regions and offers a brief public comment form available on CPW's website in English and Spanish through April 3. Additional meetings are being held around the state through the end of March.

CPW is looking for public input to help identify priorities and craft strategies for managing Colorado’s state parks, wildlife and outdoor recreation resources. These workshops and the comment form are the public’s opportunity to help shape a shared vision and strategy that will guide the agency’s work into the future.

Stakeholders and the public are encouraged to join one of the following workshops coming up soon:

--March 2, 9 to 11:30 a.m., Bass Pro Shops, 7970 Northfield Blvd., Denver

--March 2, 6 to 8:30 p.m., REI, 1416 Platte St., Denver

--March 10, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Fort Collins Council Tree Library, 2733 Council Tree Ave. #200, Fort Collins

Input from these meetings will inform development of the draft plan to be presented to the Parks and Wildlife Commission and then released this summer. The strategic plan is scheduled to be finalized in the fall of 2015. Then CPW will develop short-term operational plans to translate the shared vision into action on the ground.

Visit our website for more information and the most up to date public workshop schedule (http://cpw.state.co.us/StrategicPlan). If you have further questions, please email DNR_CPW_Planning @state.co.us , call 303-869-1350 or write to: Strategic Plan 2015, 1313 Sherman, Suite 618, Denver, Colorado 80203."

Hope to see y'all there!