CPW to potentially allow electronic calls for lions around Glenwood

3forks

WKR
CPW is potentially going to change regs and quotas for lions in the Glenwood Springs area, and could even allow the use electronic calls. Using electronic calls seems like it would enable hunters to have a great DIY hunt.

“But the new plan aims to make hunting easier in the Glenwood management area. Hunters would be allowed to hunt during elk and deer rifle seasons in October and November (without the use of hounds) and during an additional April season. Also, hunters in the new area would be permitted to use electronic calls, which are illegal in all other hunting units in Colorado, to attract lions.”

why would they be illegal in the first place??!! I do a lot of lion calling and it's not an activity for the easily discouraged. it's by far the hardest tag to fill on purpose here..... nothing else is close.

i'm the only one I know who does it with any regularity, because people try it and get discouraged.... even on the east side of the state where you have snow to find tracks, and deer wintering grounds to concentrate cats, even with everything in your favor, it's a very tall order to call in and kill a lion.

I cannot fathom them making e calls illegal yet having a hound season.

we can get 2 tags here, and hunt all year and I still don't know a single person who has filled their 2 tags in a year... especially on purpose.

what is the theory behind them not allowing e callers? I guessing misconception

WKR
Legitimate question until you interact with a number of employees of the CPW. At that point, you would understand better.