Crap You've Broken On Ya Huntin Rig

pk_

WKR
I've heard for years how the IFS was such a weak link on GM trucks yet I've been driving them for thirty years in some stupid situations and never a problem nor have I ever heard of anyone with a problem. I'm sure it's happened. Definitely not common....sorry.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Are you lifting with large tires?

This thread has potentional.

Anyone busted IFS on 2500/3500 Chebbys?

I went with a buddy with an 06 2500 duramax on 35”s we went thru 3 tie rods on his rig in a weekend just doing basic shit not even difficult terrain. My truck was in 2wd pretty much the whole time. Granted he does have a heavy foot. When he twisted the first we ran to town and bought 1 and swapped it. When he pretzeled that one we went to town and bought 2, when he was on his last we told him he’s not allowed to put it in 4wd we rather just snatch him than have to run back to town…

They are fine trucks I have owned a few and wrenched on a bunch, but the IFS is too petite for a trail rig. Especially if the driver is heavy footed and large tires.

OP
Idaho4x4Bronco
Are you lifting with large tires?

I went with a buddy with an 06 2500 duramax on 35”s we went thru 3 tie rods on his rig in a weekend just doing basic shit not even difficult terrain. My truck was in 2wd pretty much the whole time. Granted he does have a heavy foot. When he twisted the first we ran to town and bought 1 and swapped it. When he pretzeled that one we went to town and bought 2, when he was on his last we told him he’s not allowed to put it in 4wd we rather just snatch him than have to run back to town…

They are fine trucks I have owned a few and wrenched on a bunch, but the IFS is too petite for a trail rig. Especially if the driver is heavy footed and large tires.
The argument I had with my co worker was me saying I'd like to try a Duramax.for my next purchase but scared I'd break the front end into pieces. He was a chebby lover, you can imagine how that went😂

137buck

Lil-Rokslider
This thread has potentional.

Anyone busted IFS on 2500/3500 Chebbys?
I've busted the Ifs on a 2011 ford f150, broke a balljoint and was stopped right away. The damn thing only had 65k miles on it at the time. Then a couple of months later, as I was coming down the mountain, I heard a loud bang, and the truck dropped on the drivers side, here the main leaf spring on the rear drivers side, broke and slid out and cut the sidewall of the tire. Then the following fall, I was in 4x4 because the snow was deep, and the 4x4 quit working, luckily I was able to pull the vacuum lines off the hubs and get the 4x4 to work again, then right before general season ended, I was up at my camp and went to start the damn thing and the starter was dead leaving me stranded until a friend came to camp. The final straw foe the POS was when I had a wiring harness start smoldering and the only reason I caught it, was because of the smoke, replaced that harness and traded that damn thing in as fast as I could, it only has 82k on it when it went down the road.