Crappy Chrono

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
Well the last time I used my Pro Chrono to work up a load for my muzzy was about 6 or 7 years ago and it was great. I took it out today to chrono my 300 Weatherby shooting 180 gr Barnes TSX. The first round was 3053 and I thought it a bit low. Second shot 8 hundred something, what? Third 253. Epic failure. I put the next 3 rounds in to my target at 100 yards just using my range bag as a front rest and I believe this group to be 3/4". I really dont want to buy a new chrono to get my muzzle velocity so I can order the turret from Leupold for my scope. Anyone here shoot at the Cherry Ridge Range in NJ that has a chrono and wouldn't mind sharing it for 10 minutes?
9e83e3c50c9ff06ed53c3705c3c76e05.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tumbleweed

Lil-Rokslider
I have the same Chrono, owned it for probably 6 years. As far as accuracy, I had it up against a lab radar on two different occasions. I was surprised to see that it was within 3fps of the lab radar both times.
It has acted up from time to time, seems like pulling the battery out fixed a couple of those. I use the plastic screens always no matter light conditions. It will work best on overcast days.
Were you using it in low light conditions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
SteveCNJ

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
I have the same Chrono, owned it for probably 6 years. As far as accuracy, I had it up against a lab radar on two different occasions. I was surprised to see that it was within 3fps of the lab radar both times.
It has acted up from time to time, seems like pulling the battery out fixed a couple of those. I use the plastic screens always no matter light conditions. It will work best on overcast days.
Were you using it in low light conditions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was used today and it was sunny

bradb

WKR
Could just kind of do some things a bit different and use the 3053, put that in a ballistic app, shoot at various distances to check and tweak the velocity need for the app to match what your seeing on target and send all that info in for the turret.

BAKPAKR

WKR
I have a ProChrono. Here is the reading on a 300 gr Hornady XTP Mag out of my 5” 460 S&W. I am thinking about backing off some on my powder charge😀

023CD5D1-7C51-4D2B-AB35-E4F9B31015C5.jpeg

OP
SteveCNJ

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
Did you have a fresh battery in it? Sometimes you need to plug in and then remove it a couple times when installing a new one.
I'll try it