Crawpappies

packer58

WKR
Good looking Dads............I was gonna ask what times dinner but looks like i'm too late for that..........

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I used to find them in irrigation ditches, I’d drop a string with bacon and pull it out with them hanging on.

Btaylor

WKR
I reckon if you arent going to fry or boil 'em, that sammich will work. Gotta say that is a fine looking sammich.

Can save all the heads and make a fine stock.

svivian

WKR
Maybe! I had my mind set on crawfish rolls since I noticed this spot last year. Got these in Colorado.
I love local Crawfish fresh boiled as well. I'm sure you know but don't get caught transporting those things alive.

That last picture made me hungry for a Po boy

OP
F

fishslap

WKR
I love local Crawfish fresh boiled as well. I'm sure you know but don't get caught transporting those things alive.

That last picture made me hungry for a Po boy
I do. This was actually a walk from my house so transport was minimal but the letter of the law doesn’t really differentiate. Hard to harvest crawfish under the rules unless you cook them on the spot since it’s better to have them live to purge them then boil.

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
You need a Louisiana boy to show you how to fry them sucker

I do. This was actually a walk from my house so transport was minimal but the letter of the law doesn’t really differentiate. Hard to harvest crawfish under the rules unless you cook them on the spot since it’s better to have them live to purge them then boil.

FYI, Purging doesn't really do anything but waste salt. Just rinse them good.

OP
F

fishslap

WKR
FYI, Purging doesn't really do anything but waste salt. Just rinse them good.
I don’t use salt. I just put them in a cooler of clean water and change it out every 15-20 min until it’s clear. After the initial rinse, it took about 3 or 4 changes before it was no longer getting cloudy.

OP
F

fishslap

WKR
What bait do you prefer in your traps?
I’ve just been using a can of tuna partially open but I believe raw chicken might be better. If I had four pieces of chicken tied down, they can get on it better and stay there. I think some were wondering off when they couldn’t get to the bait. They were snipping some of the string I used to tie the bait pouch closed. Using this style trap.
Portable Folded Fishing Net Fish... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079Q8ZGFF?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I’ve just been using a can of tuna partially open but I believe raw chicken might be better. If I had four pieces of chicken tied down, they can get on it better and stay there. I think some were wondering off when they couldn’t get to the bait. They were snipping some of the string I used to tie the bait pouch closed. Using this style trap.
Portable Folded Fishing Net Fish... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079Q8ZGFF?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Last year i used cans of sardine/whitefish cat food which worked ok. I will give your system a try Thank You

def90

WKR
You're in Longmont, they have a race and crawfish boil every year in Erie on the 4th.. Not having it this year though for some reason.

16725d_04f00a2217d74927891ead0fdd6e68a9.jpg