CRAZY DEAL!!-- $98 for Under Armour Ridge Reaper Down Pants

Still undecided on the down hooded parka,is it much better than a patogonia down sweater because i wear that under my outer layer now.

rk4,how does the infill windstoper fit,loose or snug,i wear a medium in about all softshells.I plan to wear the down parka under it as well.I like a slim fit for bowhunting.6 ft 175

Last edited:

Brendan

WKR
I was wondering about fit on the parka too, any pointers? I can wear medium in some gear, large in others. e.g. - I can go either way in the Kifaru LPP. The large being better for going over multiple layers, the medium fitting better with less bulk underneath...

rk4,how does the infill windstoper fit,loose or snug,i wear a medium in about all softshells.I plan to wear the down parka under it as well.I like a slim fit for bowhunting.6 ft 175

I wear a Large in UA 'Loose' and XL in UA 'fitted'. The Infil jacket is listed as loose, but it is somewhat athletic cut and fits more like fitted, close to the body. Perfect for bowhunting. (I also have the infil vest, which is listed as fitted, but it fits almost exactly like the jacket which is listed as loose). I have XL jacket and vest and its fits perfect. The pants are true to size and have stretch waistband.

All my UA hoodies are Large.
I wear UA 4.0 baselayers, XL
All my merino is First Lite and Large (Kiln top and bottom)
I have FL Uncompahgre vest and jacket, both Large

Hopefully that helps, let me know if you need more clarification. At 175, if you are wearing a down parka under it, I might lean towards large but its going to be close between L and M. Might be worth getting both at that price and sending the other back.

I have an absurd amount of UA RR hunting clothes, just about every damn piece they make thats part of a kit - Infil. Raider, Alpine, Gore Shell, Brow Tine, Grit, Early Season Stealth, etc. The Infil is hands down the best kit they have ever made (the Raider kit would be 2nd for early season, and its on sale too plus an extra 30% off). But the Infil is so good that I just bought another spare jacket just because that price is so good.

If you guys can swing the Jacket, Vest and Pants, Id get the whole kit at these prices. Hell if you are short on cash, you can get the Vest for 75 bucks, regular 150, and you can have a windstopper mid layer to knock the wind down underneath your outerwear.

Last edited:

treillw

WKR
How do they do in the wind? Will they still provide noticeable warmth in a 20 mph wind overtop of a pair of timberline pants?

I got these about a year ago or so for 100. Outlet plus a coupon. I cant speak for durability, yet, but I was messing around in the snow earlier today digging a snow cave (kneeling, lying down, crawling) at 32°. Stayed warm and dry. DWR seemed really impressive when I hosed them down with the garden hose as well. The full zip off is handy too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
GotDraw?

GotDraw?

WKR
@TheCougar
Medium pants will fit your waist fine but will not fit your thunder thighs, not sure if the large will either but you should order them and find out. Shipping is free and you can return/exchange them if they don't fit.

Your problem is that clothes are measured to fit 95% of the population and you are 3 standard deviations from that. There was a period of time when I had a 43" chest and 30" waist, could never find an off-the-rack suit that fit. The pant always needed to be tailored taken in at least 3-4" at the waist. I'd bitch about it and my Dad would tell me that I created my own problem-- and he was right. That said, I did like having like having that problem- for a while anyway.

JL

For you guys who wear mediums, I’m 6’, 190, 31 waist and thunder thighs. Will the mediums work with standard layering?
For you guys who wear mediums, I’m 6’, 190, 31 waist and thunder thighs. Will the mediums work with standard layering?

TheCougar

WKR
@TheCougar
Medium pants will fit your waist fine but will not fit your thunder thighs, not sure if the large will either but you should order them and find out. Shipping is free and you can return/exchange them if they don't fit.

Your problem is that clothes are measured to fit 95% of the population and you are 3 standard deviations from that. There was a period of time when I had a 43" chest and 30" waist, could never find an off-the-rack suit that fit. The pant always needed to be tailored taken in at least 3-4" at the waist. I'd bitch about it and my Dad would tell me that I created my own problem-- and he was right. That said, I did like having like having that problem- for a while anyway.

JL

Yeah. Getting pants that fit is a PITA... my wife is always taking in the waist of my pants. I’ll grab a set of each and give them a shot.

Tman24

Lil-Rokslider
Just ordered a Medium and a large to try out. Free returns , nothing to lose!

Thanks OP for posting this deal

Dhbwa

WKR
I ordered the parka in medium as I was able to try it at SW and to me it ran largish. I guessed at the pants and ordered large going by the Guide.
I am a 43” chest and 35” waist at 6’ and 190lbs

BTW- how many puffy’s are too many? I probably have 10....

It doesn't follow the other theories.

How many guns are too many.

N+1 where N equals what you have.

How much ammo is too much ammo.

N+1K because ammo should be bought in case lots. ;-)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Gasman

Lil-Rokslider
Say what you will about UA, but their Infil kit is a legit upper end kit. Id put it up against any kit in its price range, its really damn good. Read the reviews.

Right now the top and bottom Infil is on sale plus with that 30% off code you can get both pieces of the kit for $20 less than just the regular price of the jacket.

Thanks to your recommendation, I picked up a set of the Infil. I needed a wind jacket and pants.

Gsquared

Lil-Rokslider
Their pats are awesome. On par with the Sitka First Lite etc offerings. Thinking about selling my Kuiu and buying the parka since my ultra down doesn't have a hood. Anyone have any idea what the parka weighs?
UNBELIEVABLE deal for Black Friday weekend, and Free Shipping, too. I thought I got a steal for $109 a few months ago, well this is a phenomenal price for a full side zip down pant.

Free Shipping Too, and they are returnable if you don't like them.

I believe they weigh about 15 oz, but not sure, pretty light. Just don't have my scale here at the moment

Under Armour full side zip Ridge Reaper Down Pants- Regularly $200, marked down to $140.99, then USE COUPON: "UAGIFT2U" at checkout to take an additional 30% off the listed sale price and that will get you to $98. I think you may be able to also use Active Junky or something like it to get another 10% back in cash, but I didn't.

Alpine Ops Ridge Reaper- Full zip Down Puffy Pants

The pants are VERY warm, I love them. I wear size Medium and they fit true to size.

You can also get the matching hooded parka/jacket for $137 with the same code.

JL
Picked up a pair. Thanks for the heads up!

mikear

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know how the Infil kit compares to the FL catalyst set?