CRAZY DEAL!!-- $98 for Under Armour Ridge Reaper Down Pants

mikear

Lil-Rokslider
The Catalyst is wind resistant, the Infil kit is windproof, I own a lot of UA and FL, but have never tried the Catalyst. I can only vouch for the Infil kit being outstanding.

Is the cut trim enough in the arms for bow hunting? Do you know how the overall sizing is compared to their Brow Tine jacket? I tried on a large UA Brow Tine jacket at Cabela’s this evening and it fit good, but the sleeves were bulky with excess material and only slimmed right at the cuff. The website photos of the Infil look more trim in the arms but I’d like to confirm.

Edit: looks like you mentioned this jacket is perfect for bow hunting. What size are you? I wear large in all my FL jackets but am unsure if I should go L or XL in the Infil. I’m ~5’10”, 210, Slightly wider shouldered than average.

Thanks

Last edited:
Is the cut trim enough in the arms for bow hunting? Do you know how the overall sizing is compared to their Brow Tine jacket? I tried on a large UA Brow Tine jacket at Cabela’s this evening and it fit good, but the sleeves were bulky with excess material and only slimmed right at the cuff. The website photos of the Infil look more trim in the arms but I’d like to confirm.

Edit: looks like you mentioned this jacket is perfect for bow hunting. What size are you? I wear large in all my FL jackets but am unsure if I should go L or XL in the Infil. I’m ~5’10”, 210, Slightly wider shouldered than average.

Thanks

I have the brow tine jacket, the infil is much more athletic cut than that one. Both of mine XL. If I wasn’t using the brow tine as my last outer layer I could get a large, I couldn’t get a large in the infil. But, I use the brow tine as a layer over everything else, as it’s a boxy fit that will layer over anything. Sleeves much tighter to the arms on the infil. I bowhunt only, just get it, that price is really damn good. I’d go XL if I were you.

in the pic, the brow tine (Forest) is under the infil (barren) Aligned at the top of sleeve and shoulder. You can see how much wider the brow tine sleeves are and the body width. You have to look close because it kinda blends together.

Attachments

• C2892A2D-61A1-4735-A2E4-24562000BCDC.jpeg
    C2892A2D-61A1-4735-A2E4-24562000BCDC.jpeg
    277 KB · Views: 82
  • 2F1A03E9-DCD3-4C86-B53F-3D38539EB5A6.jpeg
    2F1A03E9-DCD3-4C86-B53F-3D38539EB5A6.jpeg
    262.2 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

mikear

Lil-Rokslider
I have the brow tine jacket, the infil is much more athletic cut than that one. Both of mine XL. If I wasn’t using the brow tine as my last outer layer I could get a large, I couldn’t get a large in the infil. But, I use the brow tine as a layer over everything else, as it’s a boxy fit that will layer over anything. Sleeves much tighter to the arms on the infil. I bowhunt only, just get it, that price is really damn good. I’d go XL if I were you.

in the pic, the brow tine (Forest) is under the infil (barren) Aligned at the top of sleeve and shoulder. You can see how much wider the brow tine sleeves are and the bod width. You have to look close because it kinda blends together.

Thanks for the comparison. I’ll snatch up the XL.

Do you wear the Infil pants as well? If so, what’s your thoughts on them? I almost exclusively bow hunt.

I have late season covered (I’m in OK) with the FL Solitude set and Woodbury jacket/Sanctuary bib combo. Need an outer layer to fill the gap from 45°-60°.

Thanks for the comparison. I’ll snatch up the XL.

Do you wear the Infil pants as well? If so, what’s your thoughts on them? I almost exclusively bow hunt.

I have late season covered (I’m in OK) with the FL Solitude set and Woodbury jacket/Sanctuary bib combo. Need an outer layer to fill the gap from 45°-60°.

Typically when I wear the Infil jacket, I wear the infil pants, with FL base layers wick, fuse or kiln depending on temp. Same quality as the jacket, if you can swing the whole kit, Id go for it, Id guess you can cover 30-60 in the Infil with the right baselayers.

NDGuy

WKR
Ordered the set, excited to see them in person! So pretty warm stuff? How quiet is the material?

mikear

Lil-Rokslider
Ordered the UA Infil set as well. Thanks @RK4 for the recommendation. Remember to use Active Junky, Rakuten, etc as UA is running 10% cash back right now.

three5x5s

WKR
if anyone gets the Infil jacket in size small or medium but doesent want it, i would be intersted in it. just send me a PM.

Sky1926

FNG
Just got my pants...5’10 195...bought larges to fit under my stratus pants...fit smaller than I thought but they are NICE. I’m impressed.

Recommend going bigger if you want to over layer vs. under layer. I may get another pair if I can for outerwear.

Dhbwa

WKR
If anyone gets the hooded Infil jacket in XL and does not want it. I am your huckleberry!!!!
PM me....
I hadn’t looked at it but it’s a dandy....

sndmn11

WKR
If anyone gets the hooded Infil jacket in XL and does not want it. I am your huckleberry!!!!
PM me....
I hadn’t looked at it but it’s a dandy....

I have had the pants for a season and they are lovely. I did order the parka in XL, and was on the fence abotu if I needed the 2XL. It hasn't shipped yet, but shoot me a PM if you are interested and we can work out a contingency plan.

Dhbwa

WKR
I have had the pants for a season and they are lovely. I did order the parka in XL, and was on the fence abotu if I needed the 2XL. It hasn't shipped yet, but shoot me a PM if you are interested and we can work out a contingency plan.

I am not talking about the down parka but this>
Ridge Reaper® Infil WINDSTOPPER®

Style #1316724

Dhbwa

WKR
The down parka runs big so a XL will likely be ok. I always am between medium and large and the medium in the down is perfect and not tight at all....

TheCougar

WKR
Just got my Large and Mediums in the mail. It’s definitely going to have to be the Large- the waist is too big, but the legs are right on the border of being too skinny. I can’t imagine wearing much under those larges besides pair of pants and a really thin base layer. Stupid thunder thighs. For reference I’m 6’, 190, 31” waist. Either way, what a great deal for $90!!!
If anyone wants a pair of unopened mediums, let me know by Monday. The price is around $90ish plus shipping - basically my post active-junky price plus shipping.

HookUp

WKR
I saw these at sportsmans and was able to get in on the deal. I have never been impressed by UA clothes but these infil pants seem great!

renagde

WKR
Just got my Large and Mediums in the mail. It’s definitely going to have to be the Large- the waist is too big, but the legs are right on the border of being too skinny. I can’t imagine wearing much under those larges besides pair of pants and a really thin base layer. Stupid thunder thighs. For reference I’m 6’, 190, 31” waist. Either way, what a great deal for $90!!!
If anyone wants a pair of unopened mediums, let me know by Monday. The price is around $90ish plus shipping - basically my post active-junky price plus shipping.

Mine are the same way. I'm a 32" waist but wear the mediums. The feel real tight right when you put them on but it's because they're so puffy. Once they compress a little then they feel right. I wore my mediums over my Timberlines and 2 merino base layers and they felt fine.

I’m 6’, 200, usually wear a large in most things, 34x32. I ordered a set in XL to fit over several layers when treestand hunting. The pants are about right, a little more snug in the legs than I anticipated - glad I got an XL. The jacket is plenty big - would be too much without lots underneath, but that’s why I got a size bigger.

Fabric is fairly quiet for nylon, I likely won’t cover it when hunting, but I don’t find a little noise to be worrisome. The stretch is nice. It doesn’t feel all that durable, but these are for sitting not hiking.

800 fill down is nice, I wish I knew the fill weights, but the set is stuffed with plenty of it. My pants weigh 17.5 oz and the jacket is 29. Not ultralight, but I’m excited to use them.