Creative Outdoors Montana Bow Sling Review, By Jared Bloomgren

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Some of you may have already seen or even commented on the welcome thread for Creative Outdoors. As mentioned in that thread, @Jared Bloomgren tested the Montana Bow Sling this season. He's used many in the past that he wasn't fully satisfied with and hoped this one would be different. Find out how it performed for him in this review.

Creative Outdoors Montana Bow Sling Review

1-scaled.jpg

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks alot Jared!!! I couldn't have asked for a more thorough, honest, real world hunting review, you did an excellent job pointing out the pros and cons of the sling as well as pointing out the advantages and convenience of setting it up on your hunting pack. I am very impressed! Like you I had a love hate relationship with bow slings, none seemed to work how I felt they should. This is why and how I came up with the design and I feel like it works very well when set up to fit the individual hunter. The slings is designed and meant to be extremely versatile, what works for me may not work for someone else so it can easily be adjusted and configured for the individual. Thanks Jared Bloomgren, you nailed it!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I used the Montana Bow Sling for some antelope hunting and it works great. I, too, like the hooks for quick use, I added the quick release straps to my pack to strap down the bow then I'm hiking a long distance where I won't need my bow handy.

I also got the Gun Shoe. I haven't used it a ton yet, but the little I have I really like it. I can secure my gun to my pack in just a few seconds and its very secure. I can carry my rifle behind my shoulder in the spot a traditional sling would put your gun, or I can carry it under my arm without having to change the mounting points on my pack. I do not like using a traditional rifle sling because its constantly slipping off my shoulder. The gun shoe keeps both hands free and I can access my gun in seconds when I need to. I'm sure the neighbors had some questions when they saw me practicing my speed at mounting and unmounting my gun through the window.

Edit: I forgot to mention, Josh hand delivered and showed my how the Gun Shoe system works the same day I ordered it from his website. That's better hands-on service than I can get a most brick and mortar stores I've been to.

Jsusic

Lil-Rokslider
Hey thanks alot guys for saying that, means alot. One of the things that I enjoy the most since I've been making these slings is meeting new people and interacting with customers, customers like you guys that really appreciate the convenience and versatility of the design. Its been a really rewarding experience for me and I am sincerely grateful for all the support.
I would like to give a shout out to another great product, person and also a sponsor on Rokslide. Razcogear puts out an absolutely top of the line product. I met Justin a few years ago through a mutual friend and have been using his pistol holster ever since, the thing is amazing and his customer service is second to none, I highly recommend it. Thanks everyone!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk