Credit Card got flagged at Brownells

hunterjmj

WKR
Ordered some rifle cleaning supplies for a new rifle last week from Sinclair(Brownells) and my card was declined. I called my card company to inform them that no fraud occurred and got the hold taken off. I then called Sinclair to make sure it got ordered and she said a lot of cards get declined because of what they sell. So stupid.

Has this happened to any of you?

Gen273

WKR
Yes, I had it happen at a local gun store. I guess it is just a welcome to the new America moment.....SMH. I was frustrated and surprised as well.

Last edited:

twall13

WKR
Huh, I had a similar experience with a card getting declined with a purchase at Buffalo Bore Ammo recently.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
The closest I come to that is trying to fill up with diesel and some places have a ridiculous $75 limit on CC purchases. I tried to fill up at a station in OK this week and even went to the big rig pumps, and it cut me off at $75.......a whopping 25 gallons. And then I shut it off and restarted inserting the card again, and it said "see cashier", so I left. Do the truck drivers really have to deal with this crap trying to fill their giant tanks? Absolutely ridiculous.

tdhanses

WKR
The closest I come to that is trying to fill up with diesel and some places have a ridiculous $75 limit on CC purchases. I tried to fill up at a station in OK this week and even went to the big rig pumps, and it cut me off at $75.......a whopping 25 gallons. And then I shut it off and restarted inserting the card again, and it said "see cashier", so I left. Do the truck drivers really have to deal with this crap trying to fill their giant tanks? Absolutely ridiculous.
I’ve notice when I’ve gotten diesel at the big rig pumps in CO you have to have a special card, if you don’t have one you have to go in and prepay.

My local Sam’s club cuts you off at $100.