Creepy experiences in the backcountry

I have a few creepy ones but the most guts turning one was 2 years ago during archery season me and a buddy hit the hills and weren't prepared for the colder than usual temps so we bailed early and did some road and truck hunting. Late one evening after a few beers we see this odd glow coming from the west over top of this mountain range we were half way up and it gets bigger and bigger and the glow intensifies more and more and it starts getting this long tail behind it. This was right around the time when trump was kicking every pecker head dictator in the nether region and we thought for sure no shoot that this was a missile, no kidding man my stomach turned over and I started sweating. Its one of those had to be there moments but it was really crazy. Turned out to be spcex launching out of cali and I guess it caused some traffic accidents and I even read where some old guy had a heart attack and died. It must have just been the perfect night with just the right glow. I said a prayer for my family and was ready for the end, haha.

Bnc04

FNG
I have a few creepy ones but the most guts turning one was 2 years ago during archery season me and a buddy hit the hills and weren't prepared for the colder than usual temps so we bailed early and did some road and truck hunting. Late one evening after a few beers we see this odd glow coming from the west over top of this mountain range we were half way up and it gets bigger and bigger and the glow intensifies more and more and it starts getting this long tail behind it. This was right around the time when trump was kicking every pecker head dictator in the nether region and we thought for sure no shoot that this was a missile, no kidding man my stomach turned over and I started sweating. Its one of those had to be there moments but it was really crazy. Turned out to be spcex launching out of cali and I guess it caused some traffic accidents and I even read where some old guy had a heart attack and died. It must have just been the perfect night with just the right glow. I said a prayer for my family and was ready for the end, haha.
Haha... I saw it as well. I came out from Colorado to hunt with my son near Sonoita and my other son and daughter came to camp while I was visiting. Tipping a few cold ones around the fire tone evening and we saw the same thing and had a million thoughts running through our minds, did we attack, are we being attacked, etc etc.. It was a surreal feeling being out in the sticks and seeing that taking place. It was freaky for sure. !!

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Not creepy but nasty, this spring while turkey hunting in SE Missouri. I came sneaking up a log road no less than 4 miles from a gravel road. I rounded a bend and there was a skinny guy getting busy with a 350 pound land whale. they were between me and where I wanted to go, so I backed off, gave a few yelps then walked back up the road. He had put his clothes back on, and she was strutting around w no shirt on. As I walked past and gave the good morning, both asked if I was turkey hunting. I responded with Well yes I was. He offered me a beer and she wanted to know if I needed a ride. I responded with no thank you and went on my way.

I would have taken the beer.

Found a deep freezer once that was buried in the middle of nowhere. Some critters had dug the dirt off the top. No roads to get it in there, lid was closed, didn’t look like it had been there too long. Did not open the lid.
Guys whole freezer of meat rotted probably

This is one from a good friend in Oregon.

Around 12 years ago he was archery elk hunting on the coast. He was perched in some cover overlooking a meadow for a a while cow calling. A 150lb lion walks out 10 yards in front of him focused on his scent, it was stalking him. They locked eyes for a few seconds before he sent an arrow at it, cat did the old freak out jump, he manged to fling 2 more arrows at it that hit, cat disappeared a little ways. Gave it a little time and found the cat, the first arrow spined him and the cat was paralyzed waist down. As he approached the cat it was wildly pissed, screaming at him and swiping at him even 10 or so yards away. For some reason he only had 4 arrows on him that day, one left and no sidearm. He put another arrow in him but somehow didn’t get solid vitals as the cat was still going nuts. He decided to leave for 5 or 6 hours and come back, the cat had expired at that point. His first year bow hunting and first ever kill with a bow. I’ll never forget he said the sounds and crazy fight out the cat was the scariest thing he had ever witnessed. He did a full mount on the cat and it was absolutely enormous. He wanted to recreate the look on the cats face when it wanted to kill him. Shot another cat a few days later with a friend.

10674A55-56B3-4FEA-9594-7C0CB604DE8B.jpeg

And a slightly embellished local news story. They added 25lbs to the cat, fake news lol.

FD2F967A-F17B-4014-8070-0BE2B51BE9E4.jpeg