Creepy experiences in the backcountry

Some front country experiences and some mid country experiences that were a little uncomfortable due to the characters and situations encountered. But so far the backcountry has been the best place to avoid the eerie and creepy. As already stated the scary stuff seems to come with people. My list would include the Moss Man, dope growers, shallow graves and the Pagans MC, and a SAR mission where a guy on the verge of being found just disappeared. One of my hunting buddies tells a tale of an unexplainable and unidentifiable something running through the woods sounding of maniacal laughter and for decades he has referred to the location as “Creature Ridge”. I’m still looking for Bigfoot......

Some front country experiences and some mid country experiences that were a little uncomfortable due to the characters and situations encountered. But so far the backcountry has been the best place to avoid the eerie and creepy. As already stated the scary stuff seems to come with people. My list would include the Moss Man, dope growers, shallow graves and the Pagans MC, and a SAR mission where a guy on the verge of being found just disappeared. One of my hunting buddies tells a tale of an unexplainable and unidentifiable something running through the woods sounding of maniacal laughter and for decades he has referred to the location as “Creature Ridge”. I’m still looking for Bigfoot......

First and only night I ever went to a public bar to drink on leave, I had pagans roll up and turns out they had an issue with a high school buddy of mine that I was drinking with that night.
So here I am the only time I’ve ever went to a bar on leave and these pagans start walking over, a whole group of them after riding up on the bikes. I’m like seriously this is my luck. Just as I’m about to tell my wife to take off running and I’m mentally preparing to at least go down swinging before I get stomped out or worse. One says “how’s your new baby”. Turns out dude is a guy that used to stay at our apartment with my wife’s sister before I joined the Army.
I end up bullshitting with their Sgt at Arms and he even talks about how the Pagans love recruiting former military and how I should think about it lol. We even get invited to a Pagans party and are told if we ever see them at any bar just tell them we’re friends of ‘Scar’. We never went to that party because I got a pretty wife and I’m not stupid but such a strange night lol.

That’s about as positive an outcome as I could imagine from a Pagan encounter. Mine was a little less amicable but we got out without physical harm so it makes a good story to reminisce over.

Carr5vols

WKR
Creepy thing is that movie I’m pretty sure is based on a collection of old folk tales rolled into one.

I am telling you ever time I am in that area hair stands up on your neck and you feel like your being watched. Crazy thing was there was no way the fire should have been burning everything was way to wet. In the movie does he have a dog?

I am telling you ever time I am in that area hair stands up on your neck and you feel like your being watched. Crazy thing was there was no way the fire should have been burning everything was way to wet. In the movie does he have a dog?

No dog just a drainage pipe under a church leading to a cave with bodies preserved and sewn into the ceiling with specific organs removed and eaten according to what the demon needs new of. No dog though lol.

i count eye guards

Lil-Rokslider
Here's another one that happened this past year.

There's a little parcel of public land that's land locked in the Oregon coastal range by private on all sides. It's about 500 acres. My entrance to it required wading about a mile down a creek - something nobody else seems willing to do so I generally have the place to myself all year - it's GREAT elk and bear country.

I was out there with a buddy, in the heart of the parcel when I thought I heard singing.

A few moments go by and a woman's voice pierced the morning dew.

Singing in a language I couldn't identify.

It started getting louder, and louder, and louder.

A young blonde woman emerged from the ferns on a dense hillside draped in linens and barefoot.

She saw us, and kept singing as she came closer.

And closer.

Then she arrived, and didn't speak a damn word of English. Seemed like she was inviting us to her camp or something. Real nice gal, but we declined.

Turns out a religious group acquired a chunk of the surrounding land, and this little lady had gone for a mid morning walk in the woods, up a muddy game trail and found two dudes in full camo with bows and invited them home with her.

Yikes.

There's a little parcel of public land that's land locked in the Oregon coastal range by private on all sides. It's about 500 acres. My entrance to it required wading about a mile down a creek - something nobody else seems willing to do so I generally have the place to myself all year - it's GREAT elk and bear country.

I was out there with a buddy, in the heart of the parcel when I thought I heard singing.

A young blonde woman emerged from the ferns on a dense hillside draped in linens and barefoot.

And closer.

Then she arrived, and didn't speak a damn word of English. Seemed like she was inviting us to her camp or something. Real nice gal, but we declined.

Turns out a religious group acquired a chunk of the surrounding land, and this little lady had gone for a mid morning walk in the woods, up a muddy game trail and found two dudes in full camo with bows and invited them home with her.

Yikes.

yea right lol you guys definitely went with her. Just like that scene from without a paddle lol.

And closer.

Yikes.

ohh boy sounds like that movie Midsommar, now that movie is F'd up

When i was younger i worked as a cowboy in Oklahoma and a few western states. One time i was looking for a few stray cattle on some Indian land that the ranch owner had leased for grazing. I rode up a canyon and noticed that my horse was starting to get antsy. I was riding a bombproof cow horse and i had never seen her act this way. She got more and more nervous as we went up the canyon. I started seeing animal bones that were placed in the fork of several trees. I couldn't hear the normal bird/insect noises and saw a few bones hanging from tree limbs. That was enough for me, i could barely control my horse and the second i turned her, she flat out ran out of that canyon like a banshee was on her tail. I told the foreman the next day about that and he asked what canyon it was. After i told him he looked at me and said that an Indian burial ground can be a strange place for a white man. I had no idea there was an old burial ground farther up that canyon but stayed clear of it for the rest of the time i was working on that outfit. I have got the feeling a few times in the backcountry that i was being watched but could never put my finger on it. But nothing like that time on Indian land when even my horse's behavior completely changed.

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
b2ba8b97400dc92dfc9e6ee7b6d06c15.jpg

I keep meaning to bring a wrench and investigate this barrel. It’s in a spot that no barrel should be. Serious elevation gain, no motorized access due to the steepness to get there. Plus it’s partially buried...

b2ba8b97400dc92dfc9e6ee7b6d06c15.jpg

I keep meaning to bring a wrench and investigate this barrel. It’s in a spot that no barrel should be. Serious elevation gain, no motorized access due to the steepness to get there. Plus it’s partially buried...
I'd figure out how to open that upwind from a distance behind a barrier of some type. If there is any type of noxious gas/ hazmat , one whiff could overcome you .