Crispi Boot Decision

jacob95

FNG
Okay so I'm trying to decide between which Crispi boot to go with. Im deciding between the Wyoming II, Colorado or the Dakota. Which would you guys recommend? Will be for elk/muley hunting in Colorado, Idaho and Montana eventually. Will also wear them back home turkey hunting and early season whitetail. Or if there is another boot you guys recommend let me know!

Austink47

WKR
I have been very impressed with the uninsulated summits. Several mule deer hunts, several elk hunts early and late season, ibex, turkeys, and over 100 miles looking for sheds in them they are a good all around boot. I am mostly in NM and southern Colorado. I ended up with a pair of Thor’s but only have two hunts with them so not ready to recommend, but happy so far.

take5

FNG
I realize this thread is a couple of months old, but I'm also looking at Crispi boots. My feet are the first thing to get cold on me and they pretty much stay that way. I'd love to get a good boot that protects my ankles and will work in the widest variety of temperatures.

go_deep

WKR
I realize this thread is a couple of months old, but I'm also looking at Crispi boots. My feet are the first thing to get cold on me and they pretty much stay that way. I'd love to get a good boot that protects my ankles and will work in the widest variety of temperatures.
Can't say my Crispi boots necessarily keep my feet warm, but they sure as heck so a great job keeping my feet comfortable on long days and weeks on the hill. Really good wool socks will help with temps.

What type of hunting are you doing? Lots of hiking, treestand? That makes a big difference in the type of boot you'll want along with the sock to pair with it.

take5

FNG
Can't say my Crispi boots necessarily keep my feet warm, but they sure as heck so a great job keeping my feet comfortable on long days and weeks on the hill. Really good wool socks will help with temps.

What type of hunting are you doing? Lots of hiking, treestand? That makes a big difference in the type of boot you'll want along with the sock to pair with it.
For the past few years I’ve hunted mostly in tree stands and shooting houses, so I’d have a good place to take my kids. Prior to that I hunted public and walked a fair amount.
I agree that walking would keep my feet warmer, but the hours of glassing on a hunt out west was more of my concern.

If your looking to utilize a boot for turkeys and early whitetail as well, the Irish setter vapor trek has been fantastic for me. I used mine in Colorado this year, been all over the Mountains in wv. Extremely lightweight and comfy. With that being said the tread wears quick and a rep even told me they were not designed with years and years of life. I caught mine on sale for $60 and I’m very happy. If your looking at leather give the elk trackers a good look. I personally don’t know much about crispi but I see a lot being sold in the classifieds for 1 reason or another. Best wishes.

go_deep

WKR
For the past few years I’ve hunted mostly in tree stands and shooting houses, so I’d have a good place to take my kids. Prior to that I hunted public and walked a fair amount.
I agree that walking would keep my feet warmer, but the hours of glassing on a hunt out west was more of my concern.
I use 3 different types of boots for hunting in Wyoming, I always take 2 different insulated levels with me. Warm weather I take uninsulated and 400 gram boots, gets cold I take 400 gram and 1000 gram boots.
A really good quality wool sock is needed with any boot though.

Fit is king when it comes to boots, so even if you have to travel a bit to find somewhere that has them in stock, I'd definitely try them on first.

Catahoula

WKR
My other half has two pairs of Summits that’s she is very happy with, no issues. Myself, I’ve worn Nevada’s last three years and are extremely comfortable....

Okay so I'm trying to decide between which Crispi boot to go with. Im deciding between the Wyoming II, Colorado or the Dakota. Which would you guys recommend? Will be for elk/muley hunting in Colorado, Idaho and Montana eventually. Will also wear them back home turkey hunting and early season whitetail. Or if there is another boot you guys recommend let me know!
Crispi Guide