Crispi Boot Service?

Jqualls

Lil-Rokslider
I think they held up pretty well. I put in about 16 days of Archery on them. Some of them partial days. I would say 150ish miles in pretty rough country of the San Juans. Here is a picture of the soles afterwards. The boot overall is one of the best built I have owned. The clean soles are the Thors. The dirty sole is a nearly new Laponia for comparison. The remainder of the boot was in great condition. I ended up selling them to get the Laponia only because I like a softer sole and went up a half size.

Attachments

• 20191114_172017.jpg
    20191114_172017.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 127

Wapiti1

WKR
Dave Page in Seattle is who I have used for Hanwag and Asolo re-soles. They do almost any boot.

Jeremy

waitforit

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of Nevadas with 4 seasons on them. Im thinking about resoling in 2021.

The rubber rand is a little beat up in the toes, leather has a few minor scratches but in great shape overall. No leaks.

No idea how many miles this represents... my hunting buddy would say that im that guy who always needs to see just one more ridge...

Jasper17

FNG
I bought the Nevada boots about a year ago but the one thing I don't care for is the insole on there boots. pretty much suck for the money you spend, they could be better. Has anybody tried other insoles and what did you use?

bradr3367

Lil-Rokslider
I bought the Nevada boots about a year ago but the one thing I don't care for is the insole on there boots. pretty much suck for the money you spend, they could be better. Has anybody tried other insoles and what did you use?
I put superfeet in my Nevada's and they worked great. I agree, for the price, they should include a decent pair of insoles and a lace lock that actually works.

slick

WKR
Superfeet Green Insoles in Lapponia’s.

Looking to get the Birksdal SF this week. I like a super stiff boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chindits

WKR
If anyone else is looking the cobbler is
Gary’s shoes
ph: 435-896-4931
This guy does Crispi’s warranty work. He does good work and has always been timely. I’ve used him twice, once for warranty and once for a resole and multiple boot seam stitching separations. In 2021 he charged $100 for the soles and 10 or 15 for all the seam repairs and he fixed things I didn’t even ask to get fixed like the stupid cloth shoe lace loop at the ankle on the Valdera. He replaced that with a stouter cord like material. I’m no Crispi fan boy but I wear boots that can accommodate my feet and I wear them until failure not a change in fashion. The resoled boots I originally purchased in 2017, I still wear at work because they are now too small for thick socks in the field. It’s not the same as being on the mountain but I don’t have a dot.com job so they’re exposed to the elements, deice chemicals, grass burns, and general dirt and crud every week of the year I’m not on vacation. They’re still holding up.BA9F545B-B22A-4008-A3F7-AEAB6C529CCE.jpeg3A8CA5B8-C806-41C6-86A3-12CFEA5FD1BC.jpeg330DAD9F-56B3-4A54-93E6-C5875570F780.jpegimage.jpg

Medusa7MM

WKR
If anyone else is looking the cobbler is
Gary’s shoes
ph: 435-896-4931
I had/have a pair of Crispi Thor GTX and wore them very little and noticed the sole roll/toe area was separating from the boot. I contact Crispi and was advised to send them to Gary’s shoes also. Boot was fixed and returned promptly. We will see how they hold up this next round.

gaswamp

FNG
This guy does Crispi’s warranty work. He does good work and has always been timely. I’ve used him twice, once for warranty and once for a resole and multiple boot seam stitching separations. In 2021 he charged $100 for the soles and 10 or 15 for all the seam repairs and he fixed things I didn’t even ask to get fixed like the stupid cloth shoe lace loop at the ankle on the Valdera. He replaced that with a stouter cord like material. I’m no Crispi fan boy but I wear boots that can accommodate my feet and I wear them until failure not a change in fashion. The resoled boots I originally purchased in 2017, I still wear at work because they are now too small for thick socks in the field. It’s not the same as being on the mountain but I don’t have a dot.com job so they’re exposed to the elements, deice chemicals, grass burns, and general dirt and crud every week of the year I’m not on vacation. They’re still holding up.View attachment 402479View attachment 402480View attachment 402481View attachment 402483

great news

gaswamp

FNG
I sent a pair of kenetrek Wyomings to him last year. Wish I had a before and after picture. Garys does great work

2RiversCO

Lil-Rokslider
An old neighbor and good friend of mine is a cobbler in Grand Junction that does mail-ins. Usually a 2 week turn around if anyone needs a quick and quality resole. Vibram outsoles (not crispi branded).