Crispi Boot Sizing

stevewes2004

Lil-Rokslider
Wanting to upgrade my Danners to a pair of Crispis. I don’t have anywhere to try them on so just have to go for it.

I wear size 9.5 regular width in the Danners, but almost need a 10 as my 2nd toe (which is slightly longer than my big toe) will tickle the front of the boot on extreme down hills.

Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DerkPerk

Lil-Rokslider
I upgraded from Danner Pronghorns to the Crispi Summit a few years back. Went size 11 to size 11, standard D width on both. They fit is great in my experience.

I bought a pair of the West Rivers from Scheels (think they were only available at Scheels). I’ve got 11.5 foot but also that slightly longer second toe. First trip was great going uphill (maybe 600’ in a quarter mile so fairly steep), then toe bump on the way down. Was pretty disappointed but threw in some green superfeet and it solved all my problems. Probably put 20 miles on in October hunt in WY without a glitch. Been real pleased and also like the insulation for subzero mornings.

OP
stevewes2004

stevewes2004

Lil-Rokslider
^^^ probably what I will do given my toes just barely impact on a downhill with the 9.5’s.

Thanks

akbrett

FNG
yep i would go a half size up especially if your toe is rubbing. i had a big toe nail fall off last year. went a half size up this year with crispy guide and had 0 issues.

Anyone try the wide EE size on Crispi's? I have a wide foot. I have worn the Birksdal SF in a normal D? and fits ok, just sometimes it feels too narrow if i have a thick sock. Does going to an EE really open it up?

Ka88

FNG
On the question of a EE. I have the uninsulated Nevada’s in an 11 reg, and just bought the Wild Rock Plus in a 10.5 EE. Huge difference, I should have started with the EE. I have a pair of Lowa Hunters in 11 EE and the Crispi’s are wider, have more toe volume, and are more comfortable for my foot.

Vandy321

WKR
I wear a 10 in everything, sandals to boots...crispi (briksdal) and asolo are true to that size for me.

I'd vote a 10 based on the toe, especially with a heavy pack..and if you have a tad bit of extra room, snag some darn tough full cushions.

I put superfeet in my crispis, but went back to stock...the superset (green) raised my heel out of the boots natural cup.

Lastly, if you order from Blackovis, they have free returns (prepaid label). Just don't wear them outside until you decide.

I wear a 12 in pretty much everything. Crispi Dakotas in 12 were a hair too short (downhill). I ordered Colorados in 12.5 and the length was perfect. FWIW... Crispi lists their 12 as a Euro 45.5, and 12.5 as a Euro 46. Meindl's 12 is a Euro 46 in my Perfekt Hunters and they fit great. Not sure if all that helps, but in Crispi I need a 1/2 size up.

How do you like the Hunters?

I really like them. I compare them to the Kenetrek Mtn Extreme, which I had before these. The Kenetrek didn't fit right, so I tried the Crispis, and here I am. The Kenetrek were correct size in length and width, I just felt some hotspots here and there on my foot, and didn't feel right. The Hunters have 200 g insulation, which isn't too much to use when the weather isn't freezing. If it is colder, then I just wear heavier socks to keep my feet warm. The Hunters are two inches taller than the Guide. If you want a little shorter boot, the Guide will fit that bill.

I just bought a pair of the Guide’s for the Black Friday sale. I wear a 12 in everything and they fit perfect. Have been out twice in them and put on about 7 miles with no complaints. By far the best boot I’ve ever had

Franger

FNG
I really like them. I compare them to the Kenetrek Mtn Extreme, which I had before these. The Kenetrek didn't fit right, so I tried the Crispis, and here I am. The Kenetrek were correct size in length and width, I just felt some hotspots here and there on my foot, and didn't feel right. The Hunters have 200 g insulation, which isn't too much to use when the weather isn't freezing. If it is colder, then I just wear heavier socks to keep my feet warm. The Hunters are two inches taller than the Guide. If you want a little shorter boot, the Guide will fit that bill.
Thanks. I find the fit on the Guide to be almost perfect. I am ordering a Hunter to compare it to. I’d like a bit more sole stiffness than the Guide and wonder if I’ll dislike the extra cuff height. Cheers.

CAD73

FNG
I just sold my Briksdal size 11s because they were a touch to small. I found them to be really narrow. Loved them overall though, so I'll be getting another pair in a EE wide. I'm typically an 11 in most footwear. My Zamberlans are 11 and for just right.

akrdkill

WKR
I'd buy from a place that has free return shipping....order the size you think & the next size so you have both there to compare, sometimes one will feel good but the other may feel better esp if your worried about downhill...I fit 10 in some Crispi's & 10.5 in others....it's all in your own feet, everyones different