Crispi Boot Sizing

j33

WKR
My foot measures at about the max of a 10.5 size boot but I’ve always found 11’s more comfortable as my feet are wider, for all my boots/shoes.
I have Lowa & Under Armour boots in 11’s, Crispi Colorado in 11 is a touch bigger than those, fits me good.
Good luck.

ncavi8tor

WKR
My everyday shoe size is 11 regular width. Hunted in the Crispi Nevadas last year with a size 11.5. They caused some foot fatigue in the front. On the downhills they were borderline too short. My feet swell almost a full size after hiking in the mountains all day!! This year I have gone to the Wyomings in a size 12 and added the Sheep Feet Custom Orthotics. So far this is perfect!

Consider the amount of swelling your feet will do after a long day on the mountain. I was surprised! Good luck!

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Bringing this thread back from the dead

looking at getting my first pair of high quality boots, so far out of Kenetrek Zamberlan Lowa, the Crispi Guide’s feel best, but I seem to be between a 9 and 9.5, with the 9 being just a tad snug

Do they loosen up with wear?

ceejay

Lil-Rokslider
Bringing this thread back from the dead

looking at getting my first pair of high quality boots, so far out of Kenetrek Zamberlan Lowa, the Crispi Guide’s feel best, but I seem to be between a 9 and 9.5, with the 9 being just a tad snug

Do they loosen up with wear?
My experience and $0.02 on this is that with virtually any high quaility mountain/hiking boot that is built solid and has a rand encompassing the boot is that they do not loosen any with wear. The initial feel is pretty much what you have unless you alter the fit with aftermarket insoles and/or sock thickness. They do however "break in" after several miles hiking and flex better and allow your foot to ride better as you move but I do not think they tend to loosen any. I have heard of people having some success with having tight spots punched out but I cannot attest to whether this works or not.

WyoChris

FNG
Crispi boots fit me good in a 12 wide as do kennetreks and they do not seem to loosen up what you try on is what you get.

My experience and $0.02 on this is that with virtually any high quaility mountain/hiking boot that is built solid and has a rand encompassing the boot is that they do not loosen any with wear. The initial feel is pretty much what you have unless you alter the fit with aftermarket insoles and/or sock thickness. They do however "break in" after several miles hiking and flex better and allow your foot to ride better as you move but I do not think they tend to loosen any. I have heard of people having some success with having tight spots punched out but I cannot attest to whether this works or not.
I go 1/2 size up in Crispi's

I have a pair of Crispi Titans that shrunk (the leather shrunk) after having worn them in the snow before putting enough boot cream on them. That worked out for me though since I needed a little tighter fit. But I would say watch out for that and maybe treat them before wearing in serious weather if you like them the size they came at.

Over the years and dozens of different pairs of boots I’ve learned to always size up 1/2 to 1 whole size (specifically La Sportiva).

They always feel a little awkward out of the box but break in to my foot much better than my true foot size. Less blisters and hot spots since switching to 1/2 size bigger boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk