Crispi Boot Stretching

All,
I know this has been posted before, however, what I am looking for is CURRENT information.

I bought a pair of uninsulated Crispi Guide boots and after wearing them on a 7 mile mountain hike, I determined the toe box is too narrow when going down hill.

The fit seemed perfect in the store and I was wearing mid weight REI hiking socks at the store and on the hike.

I need confirmation that the leather toe box and rand can be permanently stretched slightly.

If anyone has suggestions for home remedies or a shoe repair service that could stretch them, they would be most welcome.

I am in Helena, Montana.

Regards,
Mr. Fishunt

Sell them and get boots built on a wider last.

Italian made boots run narrow. German made tend to run wider. American are in the middle.

If you are set on keeping the Crispi, you could try tying them with an ankle lock to creating differing areas of tightness. Looser in the metatarsals, tighter in the ankle and shaft.

11boo

WKR
I know nothing of that brand, but I’m pretty familiar with stretching the toe box on my boots. I have a *thing* you slip in the shoe and turn the handle, a screw, which bears on the toe box via a split front . Also has small buttons you can add to open up where a toe would be cramped.

Any good shoe store should have a good stretcher too.

Wapiti1

WKR
They cannot be stretched. The toe box has a synthetic reinforcement that won't stretch. Either try 1/2 size up, or move to a different boot.

Jeremy