Crispi Boots- my recent experience

CTXhunter

Lil-Rokslider
TLDR: Crispi went above and beyond my customer service expectations and resolved my issue quickly and pain free. Their response was everything you could expect from a customer service experience.

I purchased a pair of Crispi boots this past winter in prep for 2021 seasons. I wanted a good “do all” boot and settled on the non insulated Nevada’s. Got them broken in and comfortable and wore them on and off for work through the year (surveying in central Texas). As I ramped up my training for this season and got under my pack at 40-70# I started getting an issue with one boot. It was basically bending or flexing differently than the other one and was causing pinching and pressure on one particular spot. On close inspection there was a very slight difference in the installation location of the forward most lace eyelet. The issue simply wasn’t magnified until I got under heavy load for whatever reason as they were both extremely comfortable before this with little or no load. I sent them this information in an email, was responded to within 20 minutes, and received a shipping label for them to check out the boots. I tracked the package and it was delivered 9/28 end of the day and I received a call before noon on 9/29 and the staff was extremely helpful and let me know that they were shipping out a new pair of boots that day. Package is scheduled to deliver 10/2 which is a total of 7 days from first email to new pair of boots on my feet.

Nothing gets me going quite like high quality customer service and these guys are top notch. I think how a company responds to an issue speaks volumes. On top of that, the boots are incredibly high quality and extremely comfortable. They legitimately feel like a pair of lace up slippers. Can’t wait to get the new pair in and get to hunting. +1 for the good guys, thanks Crispi!

J5ady

FNG
Just got my first pair if Crispi Nevadas in a few days ago after a ton of research. After absorbing much of what was on YouTube, and especially what Brian Call revealed with the company- it really made it easier to spend the funds. These are the most expensive boots ive ever bought- so I wanted to make sure I hot in with a good company that stands behind their product.

OP
CTXhunter

CTXhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Just got my first pair if Crispi Nevadas in a few days ago after a ton of research. After absorbing much of what was on YouTube, and especially what Brian Call revealed with the company- it really made it easier to spend the funds. These are the most expensive boots ive ever bought- so I wanted to make sure I hot in with a good company that stands behind their product.
Yeah when they called and told me they were replacing the boots something like “this should have never made it to the market” is what the guy said. He sounded legitimately apologetic that I had an issue.

That's awesome customer service. I've definitely gone to spending money with companies that stand behind their products.

OP
CTXhunter

CTXhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Update: boots came in today, wore them all day and a light walk around the neighborhood. They seem to be creasing perfectly and already feel broken in. Looking forward to putting these to work in the field! 1EA679B0-EC62-4DB9-BDE4-A7E595670B9B.jpeg

Shadowcaster

Lil-Rokslider
This is real good to hear since I'll be buying a new pair or boots in the next year. Havent owned a real pair of hunting boots in 10 years or so, just hunted in work boots but i havent been out west until next year. I'm trying to decide between the Nevadas and summit gtx, hopefully try them both on at scheels next weekend.

OP
CTXhunter

CTXhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Hijacking this thread to give a different perspective.

My buddy and I both work in the natural resource sector and therefore live in our boots year round, after just a few days his (can't remember the model) the rand on his boots started peeling. When he contacted their customer service they refused to replace them until they got worse, which they eventually did, but his boots looked like garbage for about 6 months.

I have the Nevadas, which initially held up well, but have since had a seem bust and the soles have worn basically smooth in about a year and a half. I know we were both a little disappointed in the quality for a pair of boots that run $400+, to get less than 2 years out of them....however they are probably the most comfortable boots I've had for work (I had previously used primarily Vasque or Asolo).
Nah man thanks for sharing your experience. I have found them extremely comfortable as well but all I have to compare them too is a really old pair of danners. I do quite a bit of hiking around with hog hunting and other outdoor activities but they’re definitely not an every day boot for me. Hopefully I get a couple years out of them.

I think the price you pay for really grippy soles is that if you wear them everyday out of the woods then the sole wear is pretty rapid.

I have super grippy scarpas that I only wear for elk/deer season pretty much. I also try not to wear my crispi's around town or road walking the dog for example because I would expect they would wear too fast then.

Sucks becuase I would rather wear the more comfortable boots more often....but I also want them ready to go in great condition come the season.

I kinda consider some of my boots to be purpose-built gear and I treat it as such.