Crispi boots

gibby97

FNG
Do they typically go on sale at certain times of the year or hardly ever? In particular I’m looking at the Nevada Legend GTX. Saw that campfire had some on sale but not the legends.

Jimss

WKR
The older models of several Crispi models have been on sale. If you can find your size it's around $85 savings...which is tough to beat. I doubt if there is much difference between the new and old models?

OP
G

gibby97

FNG
The older models of several Crispi models have been on sale. If you can find your size it's around $85 savings...which is tough to beat. I doubt if there is much difference between the new and old models?
What is the older model of the Nevada legend called?

nphunter

WKR
I’m getting ready to put some brand new 8.5 Wides in the classifieds. That would be my suggestion on where to look. I literally have 1 mile in mine and decided they weren’t for me, just bought them less than a month ago from Black Ovis. Lots of people do the same thing and you can get a new pair of boots for a lot less money.

Jimss

WKR
The Nevada GTX I believe are the old model. I'm pretty sure the Nevada Legands are the new ones. I looked and don't see the sale price on the GTX but they still have a couple other old models on sale.

OP
G

gibby97

FNG
I’m getting ready to put some brand new 8.5 Wides in the classifieds. That would be my suggestion on where to look. I literally have 1 mile in mine and decided they weren’t for me, just bought them less than a month ago from Black Ovis. Lots of people do the same thing and you can get a new pair of boots for a lot less money.
Out of curiousity why weren’t they for you, maybe I’m missing something:? What did you go to for a replacement?

rj2

WKR
I have been close to trying a few pairs a few times now, but always get hung up on the lacing. I really want to try a pair of the Thors, but they don't have a locking hook at all to lock your heel in and keep bottom laces tight while you lace the top hooks. I feel like the string that the lace loops through on those is just prone to failure.

Then some like the wyomings have a locking hook but people say it doesn't work at locking the laces. Then they will call crispi and crispi tells them to use a pliers to bend it whatever way it needs to go to lock the laces. Sorry but if im paying $300+ for boots, i don't expect to have to alter them to make them perform a basic function that works perfect on my <$150 salomon quest.

Don't get me wrong, I think they have a great line of boots, but I feel like there are some shortcomings with them. If the Thor had a locking hook I would have took the jump on those at first sight.

When do the 2020 boots start selling? I'm looking for some Wyomings and the old model is sold out everywhere in my size so I guess I need to wait for the 2020s to be released to get my hands on some.

Scrappy

WKR
The Nevada GTX I believe are the old model. I'm pretty sure the Nevada Legands are the new ones. I looked and don't see the sale price on the GTX but they still have a couple other old models on sale.
The legends have 200grams of insulation, that's the only difference.

You can find several models on sale throughout the year except the Nevada's. I love mine and have been looking to pickup a second pair but cant ever find them on sale.

nphunter

WKR
Out of curiousity why weren’t they for you, maybe I’m missing something:? What did you go to for a replacement?

I came from wearing Lowas and Meindl, the Nevada is not nearly as stiff as those others and that is what I like, I also feel like they feel funny with the amount of rocker they put into a very flexible boot. Typically mountaineering boot companies put rocker into really stiff boots so you can wall on flat ground and it acts similar to a boot flexing, having both is not necessary and it makes a super flexible boot awkward to walk in for me and I get a ton of foot fatigue.

By rocker I mean the from on the boot bends up toward the sky like a rocking chair, I also feel like i loose traction climbing due to not being able to dig my toes in. The boots are very comfortable but I would easily have them worn out in one season, I went through 3 pairs of lowa tibets in 18 months and my Meindl AK hunters lasted about the same before I had to have them re-soled.

It's obvious that a lot of people really like the Nevada, I bought them based off of that, they are very comfortable to put on your foot as well. They are just not a substantial enough boot for me, I've since purchased some Scarpa Grand Dru's which are a much better fit for me, especially in steep terrain. I also sent my old Meindls off to have them resoled. Honestly, if they still made the Meindl AK hunter I wouldn't have been boot shopping again in the first place, that was a great all-around boot with an awesome lacing system.

You can see in the picture that the Crispi center really rocks up on the tip, that combined with the very flexible midsole and the boot does not dig in well and slips out on me when climbing steep terrain. The Scarpa left is super stiff and flat an you can kick in and it feels like your walking up stairs. The Meindl right is in between, the new sole had some rocker in it but is much stiffer so it still digs in well and stays in steep ground.

I also want to note that if you look at the base of the laces you can already see wear lines from flexing in the Crispi, you can’t see any in the scarpa which has way more use and the Miendl has close to a thousand miles on it and it isn’t too bad. That tells me that the Crispi will fatigue really quick in that area, at least on my foot.

Attachments

• D5D509CF-A728-44AE-9E7E-7944675A982E.jpeg
    D5D509CF-A728-44AE-9E7E-7944675A982E.jpeg
    203.8 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

MP.hunter

FNG
I’m looking at the Thors now, they are much cheaper than the Thor 2, anyone see much difference between the two boots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10ringer

WKR
Black Ovis had a sale on a few crispi models near Father’s Day for the past few years. Have never seen Nevada’s on sale.

CodyB

Lil-Rokslider
I have been close to trying a few pairs a few times now, but always get hung up on the lacing. I really want to try a pair of the Thors, but they don't have a locking hook at all to lock your heel in and keep bottom laces tight while you lace the top hooks. I feel like the string that the lace loops through on those is just prone to failure.

I have the Guides and it took me a bit to figure out the best way the boots fit. The lack of a locking ankle hook was irritating to me too but what I started doing is after tightening the bottom laces wrap the two laces twice, lace the ankle hooks, wrap the laces twice again and then continue up the remainder of the hooks. Double wrapping the laces prevents the laces from slipping and allows me to set the tightness over the top of my foot that I desire. Fairly simple fix that was dramatically changed how the boots and my feet feel after a long day.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Black Ovis had a sale on a few crispi models near Father’s Day for the past few years. Have never seen Nevada’s on sale.

you could use the rokslide code and get 10% off on some Nevada’s and black ovis alwaya has free shipping.