Crispi Boots

David215

FNG
Anyone have any comments or input on Crispi compared to Asolo ? I have been running Asolo for 20 years with great success, however I am looking to make a change for a couple reasons and looking for any guidance or input from the group ?

CJF

WKR
I'm not sure that Crispi makes a boot suitable for running. May want to look at something else to replace your running Asolo boots ;)

dtrkyman

WKR
Asolo are my go to, the fit of the Crispi I just got is not good, weird thing is my left boot is the issue, seems to big, but my left foot is bigger. Tried several insoles and sock combos to make em work too.

Crispi are up for sale. Back to Asolo

Jeverett

FNG
I bought a pair of Crispi Thors for early season boots. They lacked any ankle support and were not a good fit for me. My buddy also had the same issue so we sold them both. If it aint broke dont fix it!

Trr15

WKR
Asolos were way too narrow for me. Crispi Colorado’s fit great. Good ankle support and my foot feels locked in. No hot spots or rubbing whatsoever right out of the box. They feel super light too. Just summited Medicine Bow peak in them today as a matter of fact. Carried a 30lb pack as a little prep run for my buddy’s goat hunt in September. Theyre becoming my favorite boot. Neck and neck with my trusty Lowa Tibet’s.

Bought Crispi Summit GTX few years ago for early season elk. Great boot. Broken in right out of the box. I have a wide foot and need a #3 footbed stiffness. Have put them through the ringer and still going strong

Covee

FNG
I don't think you would be able to do much running with Crispi. So if you're big on running, Crispi might not be the boots for you.

Jimss

WKR
I have pretty much switched over to Crispis from Lowas. The only Lowa I use is Tibets that I use for late season hunting in deep snow. Crispis come in different widths so it's possible to choose regular or wide widths.

I currently have 3 different models of Crispis and like them all. I use and abuse my boots all year round every day at work here in Colorado. Crispis have outlasted all of my Lowas except for my all leather Lowa Tibets. They may cost more but they also tend to last longer.

If your Asolos work for your particular feet you may want to stay with them? You may or may not find that Crispis work better? It's tough to say without trying them. Some guys prefer narrow but I need wide for my feet. I also need more padding. I buy 1 to 1 1/2 size larger so I can add thicker padded insoles. It also makes it possible to cinch down boots when using thinner socks and relax laces when using heavier socks during the winter.

Generally speaking I've found that all leather outlasts synthetic boots for both waterproofness and longevity. Synthetics tend to be a bit lighter in weight.