Crispi Briksdal

JBivens

FNG
I am looking at getting these and everyone that I talk with locally says stay away, they are far too stiff.

Curios for people who are currently using them, what your thoughts are?

I typically hunt Eastside WA, NM and Idaho Frank Church, so having the stiffer sole is generally appreciated.

I hunt with the La Sportiva's Trango S and the Lowa GTX, both are semi-auto crampon compatible, so in my mind fairly stiff, but I cannot take the lack of waterproofness from the Lowa's for late season hunts this year.

Thank you.

OP
JBivens

JBivens

FNG
Are they noisy? One of my issues with my Lowa's in the noise factor due to the stiffness?

OP
JBivens

JBivens

FNG
have your boots been true to size? I have heard with the asm lacing that you need to order up a 1/2 size.

I wouldn’t consider the standard briksdals to be that stiff. Even the SF model has a little more flex in the sole than say charmoz or trango cubes.

Tiger Rag

WKR
The standard Briksdal aren't particularly stiff. I sent them back because of that. I haven't tried the Briksdal SF but Crispi boots, while nice all around boots, don't have a super stiff boot here in the US. Stiffness changes based on your height and weight though. A tall heavier person is going to flex a boot that a more diminutive person would not be able to.

OLI62

FNG
I really would like to try the Briksdal SF's but wear 10.5 W in my other Crispi's. Any chance the SF's would work for a wider width foot with some break-in, or am I deluding myself?