Crispi Colorado for Rifle season in Colorado

So I have the good fortune of having a boot shop close to me that sells Crispi boots. I was in the other day trying on boots and fell in love with the Colorado. I will going on my first hunt this fall for elk in Colorado on a second season rifle tag. A family member who I'm going with, has hunted the same areas for 30 years and he indicated the stiff good boots are a must because of some of the steep terrain we will most likely be in and out of all day.

I have no idea on insulation, etc but I really like the Colorados. Would they be a good enough boot for that time of year or should I really go with something insulated like the Nevada, which I also liked.

ive used my uninsulated crispie summits in October without issue, id guess as low as 15 degrees in the mornings but it would warm up into the mid30's-40's at least everyday. but so far never thought anything more then some wool socks. I used them coyote hunting in the snow a lot to and with gators on it was perfect but keep in mind that's a lot of walking. hope that kind of helps

OP
M
Thanks everyone. That does help. Talking to my cousin that I'm going with, he said we'll be hiking in long distances and spending a good portion of the day walking and glassing with early morning and evening being the only times we would be sitting for long. My feet usually run fairly warm, but I was concerned about snow and cold that time of year not having the boot to deal with it. I do plan on getting gaiters as well.

I actually just bought the boots this weekend and did a mini hike by the house in them. I have an incredibly steep mountain (by PA standards) across from my house and did a quick hike about half way. I can already see how the stiffness of these will shine in that kind of terrain. Now to find some inserts.

Amos1693

FNG
I have found thAt the trick is extra socks. As soon as you’re done hiking. Air your boots out and change your socks. Moisture is your worst nightmare

Can't help with the specific boot, but I don't ever wear insulated boots at all because my feet sweat and then they freeze harder than they ever would with uninsulated boots.