Crispi Colorado - Semi-live boot review

Rocky_Start

My summits leak!! Not happy
That’s disappointing to hear. I’d expect them to make it right and will be interested to hear how well they resolve it for you.

I tested my Colorados yesterday and I’m relieved to say they were bone dry. I think the takeaway here is, even the best gear, can have defects and it’s on each out us to test the limits of our equipment, even the basic limits, well before we’re six miles back, feet frozen and SOL.

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
My summits leak!! Not happy
Definitely contact customer service. They will make it right with you. How many miles do you have on them? I have quite a few on mine and haven’t had an issue yet.

I used the Colorado’s a ton this September, total of 17 days in the backcountry and another 10 in the Midwest. I’m still extremely happy with them. If I was to have an issue I really think it would’ve come out in the first week of the season but they’re running great. We were crossing creeks that covered the foot of the boot every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mnhoundman

Not many, couple weeks for work. Seemed fine, they were a little small so i sold them to a buddy of mine. Took them to Wyoming last week, got that wet slushy snow and his feet were wet right away. I felt bad for selling him them that's for sure. Do I need the receipt? Im horrible at that, lol
Are they waterproof or water resistant? I thought they were supposed to be waterproof! Thanks for the help!

Rocky_Start

Not many, couple weeks for work. Seemed fine, they were a little small so i sold them to a buddy of mine. Took them to Wyoming last week, got that wet slushy snow and his feet were wet right away. I felt bad for selling him them that's for sure. Do I need the receipt? Im horrible at that, lol
Are they waterproof or water resistant? I thought they were supposed to be waterproof! Thanks for the help!
Definitely waterproof. Water resistant is for jogging shoes.

I think you could probably contact Crispi as if they were your shoes and you still owned them. I’d be shocked if you needed proof of purchase. Seem to be a very solid company.

Every company makes mistakes. Great ones go the extra mile to make their mistakes right.

6.5x284

Had my Colorado’s out in my first rain during my archery elk hunt today. Right boot was soaked inside within an hour. Leaking from the front somewhere. I sent Crispi a video taking my boot off and ringing out my sock. Left boot was great all day. Frustrating. Glad I wasn’t backpacked in or it would have been a lot bigger issue. Rain forecasted rest of the week so I’m not real happy about it. I’m hoping you guys have better luck than I do! I have no doubt their CS will take care of me.

Update: CS said to send them in for a new pair (as long as they fail their testing...which they had better or I would never buy anything they made if that was considered acceptable). Overall very pleased with CS so far. I’ll definitely be checking my boots in the tub before an out of state trip in the future though! Lesson learned.

Just got my email, both boots failed the inspection and a new pair will be shipped out. Pleased with the customer service for sure. It’s just frustrating to have a failure on a hunt. As Rocky said, I’ll be testing from here on out. I’ve just never had a boot leak in 15 years (Zamberlan and Scarpa) and it never crossed my mind. I’ll test these ones in the tub and wear them dry to help with breakin because I head back to MT in 2 weeks. But I still love the boot, and am hoping I just got a lemon.

roadrunner

Had a pair of new leak like a sieve many years ago on a soaker of a day (not Crispi, but another good brand). That boot had been discontinued because I bought them afraid of that (discontinued) and they sat in my closet for about 3 years until I used them.

Always do a soak test now after wearing around on carpet for a bit for fit.

Oh yeah, just ordered a pair of CO's this morning and got true size. If they are tight, I will exchange for a pair of EE's.