Crispi Colorado vs Summit

Looking for a new pair of boots for a sheep hunt this fall. I’ve had nothing but good luck with the Crispi’s I’ve owned in the past. Wondering if anybody has experience with either (or both) boot. I’ve only used their leather boots (Nevada and Wildrock) so either of these would be new to me in that sense. Do they fit the same as leathers? I’ll try to put some on before I order but hoping for some input from folks that have experience.

Thanks in advance

OP
coloyooper
I should add it’s a Colorado archery Sheep tag so it should be pretty dry.

The summit feels more like a cheaper hiking boot to me, not very stiff sole and not much ankle support. Mine lasted good and stayed waterproof. Pretty lightweight boot/shoe

The colorado is much stiffer and has very good ankle support. Feel much heavier to me.

OP
coloyooper
The summit feels more like a cheaper hiking boot to me, not very stiff sole and not much ankle support. Mine lasted good and stayed waterproof. Pretty lightweight boot/shoe

The colorado is much stiffer and has very good ankle support. Feel much heavier to me.
Thanks. I spoke to a rep with Crispi and they suggested I stick with the Nevada’s so might go that route. I appreciate the input!

Moserkr

WKR
My one buddy and I both bought the summits. I hunt more and wore mine out after 3 years but lots of miles, not complaining. They were not stiff enough for the high country steep mule deer hunting I do.

I have another buddy who bought the nevadas - he found them very uncomfortable. He bought the colorados next and loves them. I bought the briksdals next, very similar to colorados. Much stiffer, better ankle support. The plastic frame in the sole of the nevadas is what ive stayed away from. But the abss and a lvl 4 or 5 sole is required for the steep country unless your ankles and feet can really handle the strain of steep uneven terrain on their own.

I wouldnt take the summits on a sheep hunt. Started rolling my ankle in them and cant go back now. Yet to roll it in the briksdal.

OP
coloyooper
My one buddy and I both bought the summits. I hunt more and wore mine out after 3 years but lots of miles, not complaining. They were not stiff enough for the high country steep mule deer hunting I do.

I have another buddy who bought the nevadas - he found them very uncomfortable. He bought the colorados next and loves them. I bought the briksdals next, very similar to colorados. Much stiffer, better ankle support. The plastic frame in the sole of the nevadas is what ive stayed away from. But the abss and a lvl 4 or 5 sole is required for the steep country unless your ankles and feet can really handle the strain of steep uneven terrain on their own.

I wouldnt take the summits on a sheep hunt. Started rolling my ankle in them and cant go back now. Yet to roll it in the briksdal.
Going to check out the briksdals as well. Rokslide has a great price on the original Colorados, which I assume they’re clearing stock to get the Colorado IIs in next.

billoo349

Lil-Rokslider
I have been using a pair of summits for about a year now. Couple of issues, the type of leather loves to suck up water which then leaks through. After a whole bottle of Crispi waterproofer they are better but I was disappointed in that. Also the insoles are worthless. Finally, they do not provide enough ankle support for steep country unless tied very tight. Coming from a higher ankle boot I sprained my ankle on a steep sidehill early on with them. I was used to not tieing my boots super tight to not cut off circulation, but found these need to be very tight to provide enough support. I wouldn't recommend the summits if you plan to have a heavy pack in steep country.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

Moserkr

WKR
Going to check out the briksdals as well. Rokslide has a great price on the original Colorados, which I assume they’re clearing stock to get the Colorado IIs in next.
The only differences I remember between the colorado and briksdals were 1” in height, full leather, and optional insulation/stiffness. Id go colorado for archery but I bought one boot to do it all. Id buy the colorado as well to have both one day. Briksdals have been great, just needed breaking in. And @billoo349 is right - all the insoles suck from crispi. Immediately replace them and factor that into cost. Mine have never leaked and i keep them well oiled with cripsis stuff.

OP
coloyooper
The only differences I remember between the colorado and briksdals were 1” in height, full leather, and optional insulation/stiffness. Id go colorado for archery but I bought one boot to do it all. Id buy the colorado as well to have both one day. Briksdals have been great, just needed breaking in. And @billoo349 is right - all the insoles suck from crispi. Immediately replace them and factor that into cost. Mine have never leaked and i keep them well oiled with cripsis stuff.
Thanks. Spoke with Crispi again and decided to order a pair of Colorado’s off Rokslide while they’re clearing inventory. For $265 it’s tough to beat. The new Colorado’s that are coming out have no real difference from the originals. New color and a slightly different cordura material.

I appreciate the help with this.

JGTWI

WKR
I like my summits a lot for causal hunting and hiking here in WI, but I don’t think they would be the thing to use in serious country. Very comfortable though.

Russ89

FNG
I went though the same thing fairly recently, picked up a pair of the on-sale Colorados. Best pair of rough country hunting type boots I've ever owned. I've had plenty of great hikers, workbooks, and general purpose hunting boots, but these will definitely be worth the spend when I'm roughing it through the mountains with a pack on my shoulders and a bow in my hand.

I’ve owned both. The fit nearly identically. The summits chew up trail miles, but the colorados are better for more difficult uneven terrain. I’ve noticed they both shrink over time. In a little over a year, both boots have shrunk about a 1/2 size. Come to think of it, my guides have as well. Anyhow, I still enjoyed the boots. Wished they were a bit more rugged, that way they wouldn’t shrink so fast.

Moserkr

WKR
Interesting you said they shrunk @MTSasquatch My feet actually grew thanks to the summits. Too much flex combined with heavy weight and long distance hiking flattened my high arches out. My new briksdals required a little break in to stretch out and fit better. Went a half size up with them vs the summits and they fit perfect.

Rocsteel

FNG
Depends on your preference. Summit is quite cheaper, it does not have a very stiff sole and not much ankle support, it is lightweight and stays water proof while colorado is much stiffer and has very good ankle support but feels much heavier.

OP
coloyooper
I’ve owned both. The fit nearly identically. The summits chew up trail miles, but the colorados are better for more difficult uneven terrain. I’ve noticed they both shrink over time. In a little over a year, both boots have shrunk about a 1/2 size. Come to think of it, my guides have as well. Anyhow, I still enjoyed the boots. Wished they were a bit more rugged, that way they wouldn’t shrink so fast.
My original pair of Nevada’s shrunk on me too. I’ve had to size up to a 12.5 on my wild rocks. Was hoping that was a leather issue and that the Colorados don’t shrink too much.