Crispi Colorado vs Summit

My original pair of Nevada’s shrunk on me too. I’ve had to size up to a 12.5 on my wild rocks. Was hoping that was a leather issue and that the Colorados don’t shrink too much.
I wonder why that is? I’ve owned about every brand of boot a guy can get, and the crispi’s have all shrank. I still liked how they felt. My colorados shrunk, so keep that in mind. I bought a 13, and now they fit like a 12-12.5. Enough so that I can’t wear them anymore. They were great while they lasted though! YMMV

My one buddy and I both bought the summits. I hunt more and wore mine out after 3 years but lots of miles, not complaining. They were not stiff enough for the high country steep mule deer hunting I do.

I have another buddy who bought the nevadas - he found them very uncomfortable. He bought the colorados next and loves them. I bought the briksdals next, very similar to colorados. Much stiffer, better ankle support. The plastic frame in the sole of the nevadas is what ive stayed away from. But the abss and a lvl 4 or 5 sole is required for the steep country unless your ankles and feet can really handle the strain of steep uneven terrain on their own.

I wouldnt take the summits on a sheep hunt. Started rolling my ankle in them and cant go back now. Yet to roll it in the briksdal.
That’s the problem with crispi, several different fits along their line with no explanation… have to guess pretty much

A full leather boot that fit like the summit/Colorado would make me happy…

Moserkr

WKR
A full leather boot that fit like the summit/Colorado would make me happy…
And apparently they shrink! Or in my case, feet grew too. The briksdal’s are pretty much a full leather colorado and 1” taller. Im rough on synthetics so thats why I went leather. An extra inch of ankle support helped too. Once broken in, they are comfy like the summits. Being stiffer, it took around 40 miles.

And apparently they shrink! Or in my case, feet grew too. The briksdal’s are pretty much a full leather colorado and 1” taller. Im rough on synthetics so thats why I went leather. An extra inch of ankle support helped too. Once broken in, they are comfy like the summits. Being stiffer, it took around 40 miles.
Fit is really similar though? I thought the Nevada was going to be the perfect boot for a lot of my hunting, but they fit completely different… thinking about just waiting on the new summits to see if the new synthetic material holds up better… still got a dry year and a half out of the summits, and over 1000 miles for sure, but if they were leather, I think I would have gotten another full season

My zamberlan salathe gtx just started leaking on Friday morning, so I need another pair of lightweight boots…

I’m torn between zamberlan trail lite evo gtx and the new summits… I think the zamberlan will live longer

Moserkr

WKR
Fit is really similar though? I thought the Nevada was going to be the perfect boot for a lot of my hunting, but they fit completely different… thinking about just waiting on the new summits to see if the new synthetic material holds up better… still got a dry year and a half out of the summits, and over 1000 miles for sure, but if they were leather, I think I would have gotten another full season

My zamberlan salathe gtx just started leaking on Friday morning, so I need another pair of lightweight boots…

I’m torn between zamberlan trail lite evo gtx and the new summits… I think the zamberlan will live longer
Cant compare the fit of the colorado and briksdal because ive never tried em on. But, my friend with the colorados and nevadas told me the the CO’s have a roomier toe box. Briksdals have a little tighter toe box than the summits imo. Given the similar construction and features of the CO’s and briksdals, id expect them to be a close fit, but thats hard to say. On top of that all of our feet are so different…. Got over 1,000 miles on my summits too, wish I could still use em. Briksdals are at 250 miles and look new.

tops911

FNG
I have a pair of Colorados, I'm unimpressed with them. Very hot and stuffy for an uninsulated boot, the lining is slick and socks slip. And the absolute worst is that they leaked the first time I wore them in dew soaked grass (I was wearing gators).

I’m going in to my 3rd season with my Colorado’s with no complaints. I hound hunt and I wear them for work so they’ve got a good couple thousand miles on them.
They breathe well in warm weather and don’t stretch out when wet like leather.
They are comfortable on flat ground and stiff enough for sidehilling, which is a rare combo.

I’m interested to see what Crispi does with the 2nd gen version.

OP
coloyooper
Took the Colorado’s out for a couple mile hike the other day. Nothing too crazy as my wife and kids with were me. What started as a ruck with a 40lb vest turned into a ruck with a 40lb vest and a 35lb kid on my shoulders for two miles. Boots seemed pretty solid. I think there’s definitely a break in period with these compared to my Wild Rocks and Nevadas.

Does anybody have recommendations for in-soles? Can definitely see the Crispi in-soles needing replacement.

OP
coloyooper
The only differences I remember between the colorado and briksdals were 1” in height, full leather, and optional insulation/stiffness. Id go colorado for archery but I bought one boot to do it all. Id buy the colorado as well to have both one day. Briksdals have been great, just needed breaking in. And @billoo349 is right - all the insoles suck from crispi. Immediately replace them and factor that into cost. Mine have never leaked and i keep them well oiled with cripsis stuff.
@billoo349

What in-soles do you guys use?

Moserkr

WKR
I can recommend NOT using superfeet green. Didnt think they lasted long or provided much cushion. If you take out your crispi insole, feel the actual sole of the boot. In the briksdals, they are like a rock and i can feel that with weak insoles. After the superfeet greens i dont recommend, I started using cheap gel soles from cvs that have a little arch support ~$20. The gel has never worn out and gives me lots of cushion. Im interested to hear why and what other people chose for insoles as well. Just kills me paying so much for those things…

Glad you like the colorados though! Great choice. Only reason I did not choose them first and went briksdal was my buddy just bought the CO’s. Figured I would try something different so we could compare.

I have a pair of Colorados, I'm unimpressed with them. Very hot and stuffy for an uninsulated boot, the lining is slick and socks slip. And the absolute worst is that they leaked the first time I wore them in dew soaked grass (I was wearing gators).
Probably be more comfortable if you swap the gators for gaiters… not as dangerous lacing your boots up Either

What waterproof boot do you wear that is cooler and more breathable than the colorado?

On my summits and the colorados, they both shrunk......mostly the shape of the toe box (length). When I bought the colorado after having the summits shrink I sized them to where I felt they were almost too big. After 2 years they are just slightly too small.

If you look at the shape of the toe box, new boot vs a year old, it really does shrink back.

billoo349

Lil-Rokslider
On my summits and the colorados, they both shrunk......mostly the shape of the toe box (length). When I bought the colorado after having the summits shrink I sized them to where I felt they were almost too big. After 2 years they are just slightly too small.

If you look at the shape of the toe box, new boot vs a year old, it really does shrink back.
Out of curiosity, do you dry your boots near a heat source like a fire or furnace vent? I have never experienced a boot shrinking and certainly don't want that happening. My summits are about a year old and the fit seems the same as new, knock on wood.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

For a sheep hunt, I would go with the Briksdal for the added ankle support (taller boot). I haven't been too impressed with the ankle support in my Colorados. Generally they're good to go, but I did tweak my ankle in them once last fall.

@billoo349

What in-soles do you guys use?

Do yourself a favor, find a decent podiatrist and get orthotics made. I have the world's shittiest insurance so I paid cash for mine. They were $200 more than Sheep Feet would have been, but I can get them re-fit and tweaked anytime at the doc's office.

My only regret was not getting this done sooner.

ETA: those of you near Denver or the Springs, PM me and I'll get you the guy I use. I can't say enough good things about him.

Out of curiosity, do you dry your boots near a heat source like a fire or furnace vent? I have never experienced a boot shrinking and certainly don't want that happening. My summits are about a year old and the fit seems the same as new, knock on wood.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk
No, kept away from heat for sure. Used boot dryer a couple times on the summits, but found they dry pretty quickly with the insoles out just sitting overnight.

tops911

FNG
What waterproof boot do you wear that is cooler and more breathable than the colorado?
As a retired paratrooper I found that wearing Army issue jungle/desert boots and Goretex socks worked very well. I spent 2 weeks out in the field at Ft Polk and never had wet feet.