Crispi customer service / warranty

OP
isu22andy

isu22andy

WKR
Sounds like sell cheap products first to replace with cheap products second is all the rage now . Eyelet popping out , shit you’d think for a mountain boot a rivet would hold a little more meat in the leather than that. If I was on the side of a mountain I’d be beyond pissed . 350 dollar boots should stand up for at least a year of hard use .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What was your issue with the insoles? I have a new pair of Wyomings and have put maybe ~30 miles on them. Trying to decide whether to get aftermarket insoles or not.

I'd bet the rubber rand came into contact with some type of chemical. Synthetic fertilizer in fields maybe? As for the eyelet, that's not a good look for Crispi. But shit does happen... And they are willing to repair it. Stuff like this is to be expected in any manufacturing lineup, especialy if it's not full leather construction.

OP
isu22andy

isu22andy

WKR
What was your issue with the insoles? I have a new pair of Wyomings and have put maybe ~30 miles on them. Trying to decide whether to get aftermarket insoles or not.

Feel like your walking on wooden shoes . No sort of cushion at all . I have west rivers and they are fine but the Thors and Colorados suck .

rj2

WKR
I tried to like Crispi, and the Thor is comfy, but I couldn't keep them. Maybe if they were like $100-$150 boots, but for the price I see a lot of complaints. I tried the Hanwag Tatra Light, and they were the most comfy, but I don't like the narrow soles like on them and the Thors.

I found some hanwag banks II wide that are nice, stiffer ankle, more flex on sole compared to Thor. Also really liking the Asalo Flame now too. Stiffest Ankle, Sole is about like the Thor for stiffness. Both seem better made than the Crispi, both have way more ankle support, and wider sole. With my insoles, the Thor were 1333g, Tatra Light 1314g, Banks II Wide 1370g, Flame are 1413g, Colorado are ~1500g, Quest 4d ~1400g. I was pleased I could find more rugged/stiff boot for only 1-2oz per boot.

What size do you wear?

OP
isu22andy

isu22andy

WKR
Update - Crispi is refunding me for full price on the boot . They called me right away and were polite and professional about refunding it . Im very happy with there service but not there boot . Maybe I just got unlucky but I’m going a different direction .

Last edited:
That's really disappointing. For an expensive boot that is totally unacceptable. They need to understand how damaging a disapointed customer experience can be. Your experience has me second guessing if I will buy another pair when I need them.

I have had my Crispi Wyoming for 4 years and have put several hundred miles on them. I am not seeing anything close to your wear and tear.

I'm 210# and have a habit of wearing holes in the soles of my sneakers and even my Redwing work boots.
I wonder if things have changed since I got mine?

def90

WKR
Get some Scarpa Zodiaks.. Scarpa has been making quality boots for as long as people have been hiking/mountaineering.

Block

WKR
Contacted Crispi - sending me a new pair free of charge .

That’s interesting .,, I pretty much don’t wear Crispi specifically becuz of the email response I got when I sent them a pic of my Thors that had been worn a handful of times and the bottom was halfway gone... rubbed me the wrong way...

Hunter270

FNG
Has anyone ever had the lining of the boot bunch up in the toe box? I have a pair of Crispi Nevada’s that are less than six months old. They fit really well for the first few months, but they seem to be too tight these days and hurt my toes when I go downhill. I was feeling in the toe box with my hand and found that the inner lining is getting bunched up in the toe and basically has taken the boot down half a size. Think they will warranty something like that?