Crispi Dakota GTX vs Lowa Camino GTX

HarperAZ

FNG
I've been looking to get a new pair of boots and have it narrowed down to the Crispi Dakota GTX and the Lowa Camino GTX. I'll be using them mostly for desert mule deer. Does anyone have any experience with either? Or have any other recommendations?

I can only comment on the Lowa Camino. I just received my first pair of Crispi boots and they are on my feet as I type this. Lowa boots have always been the boot that just fit my foot well. I bough my first pair of Caminos back in 2013-ish time period. I took them on a 2nd season rifle rifle hunt in Colorado without any break in. I took my Zephyrs as a back up just in case. I had no issues with the Caminos on the 4 day hunt. My pack was way too heavy and my rifle was north of 14 pounds. The guy I hunted with apparently was part goat. That first morning we left the truck at around 8,000 ft and didn’t stop for 3 hours and around 10,000 feet to glass a valley. I was struggling with the weight I was packing, but the boots performed flawlessly. They never leaked. I never had any blisters. I no longer have that pair of boots, but I do have another brand new pair of Caminos ready to go for next season. They fit me great and I love them, but everyone’s foot is different so....

Bdjones

Lil-Rokslider
I've been running the Crispi West River and they are great. My feet would hurt from climbing the breaks during archery season. After season ended I broke down and bought this pair for coyote hunting and have been very pleased. Great support in the ankle and foot. I've been in -25 temps with one pair of wool socks on in snow with zero issues.

OP
H

HarperAZ

FNG
I can only comment on the Lowa Camino. I just received my first pair of Crispi boots and they are on my feet as I type this. Lowa boots have always been the boot that just fit my foot well. I bough my first pair of Caminos back in 2013-ish time period. I took them on a 2nd season rifle rifle hunt in Colorado without any break in. I took my Zephyrs as a back up just in case. I had no issues with the Caminos on the 4 day hunt. My pack was way too heavy and my rifle was north of 14 pounds. The guy I hunted with apparently was part goat. That first morning we left the truck at around 8,000 ft and didn’t stop for 3 hours and around 10,000 feet to glass a valley. I was struggling with the weight I was packing, but the boots performed flawlessly. They never leaked. I never had any blisters. I no longer have that pair of boots, but I do have another brand new pair of Caminos ready to go for next season. They fit me great and I love them, but everyone’s foot is different so....
How do the Crispis fit in general? Are they true to size?

How do the Crispis fit in general? Are they true to size?
I have the Wyomings and they fit exactly the same as my regular shoes. I wear a size 11 in everyday boots and shoes and that is the size I ordered on the Wyomings. They fit perfectly with a pair of medium cushion Darn Tough socks. If you are wanting to wear much thicker socks, I’d size accordingly.

If you want to get picky about it, I’d say my Caminos fit just slightly more tight overall in the same size 11. I’d say the Lowa runs true to size in width with the Crispi being just a tiny bit more generous.

ICU_RN

FNG
I bought a pair of dakotas from the rok classified before Montana 2019. 105 ground miles up and down. This is the first pair of boots I ever owned where I never had sore feet sore back or a single blister/hot spot. That being said, first thing I did was take insoles out and pitched them. A few trial and error with insoles later and put a generic gel sole in first then a work boot air walk insole in next. Let your feet and back tell you what insoles work best for you. As far as the dakotas go, I bought another pair for backup for this year!

Trial153

WKR
Owned both, still have the Dakotas, used the Wyoming on one elk hunt and they didnt work for me. I would get pain on the flats of my feet with the WY.
Dakotas are great for me, several hunts on them i ahve had zero issue. Comfortable, no hot spots, no tapping.

I loved my caminos..but unfortunately I live in western Washington and they couldn’t keep my feet dry. First pair failed in about 6 months and the next pair on the second hike out. Lowa warrantied the first pair and goretex the second. Now I’m on the search for a new boot. If you’re in a dryer area they’ll serve you well.

SSB1

FNG
I have the Lowa GTX Renegade mid, really comfortable and no break-in or blisters. Tried Crispi Guide GTX and Crispi Wild Rock GTX both too narrow for me, had to send them back.