Crispi guide boots

Currently wearing kenetrek mountain extremes. I seem to get blisters on my heels when doing alot of uphill. Anybody have this prob and try crispi with any luck? Also I could get by with a boot not as stiff as the mtn extremes if any suggestions there

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Vrybusy

Lil-Rokslider
Have not had that issue. Have you tried lacing the boot differently and/or replacing the insoles to adjust the foot fit slightly? Just a couple suggestions. Have not tried the Crispi's, but I'm sure someone on here can give you a comparison.

I have had the Crispi Guides for about a month, and have done a lot of short walks, but not any serious field testing. When I first got them, I detected a slight bit of heel life on my left foot. I did a few things to remedy this - dialed in the right sock to take up space, which for me is a darn tough midweight hiker or hunter, got a pair of superfeet green insoles, and started using a heel lock lace up pattern. I also tend to wear Injinji liner socks to keep sweaty toes from rubbing together.

Between all of those things and the natural break in of the boot, I feel like my heels should be fine, but I will start steeper hikes locally soon to verify. Worst case scenario, I'll bring some leukotape along to address any hot spots.

Bottom line - if you get the right size and dial them in, I would imagine that the Guides would work out well.

lucascole76

Lil-Rokslider
I have had the guides for about 6 years . Best boots I have ever owned . No break in , ready to wear right out of the box !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eoperator

WKR
I have crispi guides 12.5w & kenetrek mnt ex ni 12w, they are both great boots. For me the crispi's are better going uphill (no heel movement) and the kenetreks are better downhill (no toe jamb). I have tried crispi on 1 foot kenetrek on the other hikes (both ways) they are so similar I have to think about it to notice any difference. New lacing technique or sock change would likely fix moderate problems for you.

chilly460

FNG
I have Crispi Guides and just picked up Kenetrek Mtn Extremes but don't have enough miles to fully compare. I did a review vid of 6 boots that may help compare. I will say the Crispis were very easy to break in and I don't have heel slip issues with a narrow heel.

Deputynrc

FNG
I have Crispi Guides and just picked up Kenetrek Mtn Extremes but don't have enough miles to fully compare. I did a review vid of 6 boots that may help compare. I will say the Crispis were very easy to break in and I don't have heel slip issues with a narrow heel.

Great boot review, Thank you!

Firehawk

WKR

Great review. Thank you for making time to share.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I had the birkadall SF for a few seasons, I got a pair of guides and I have to say…I’m not super impressed. I wish I got the hunters.

MtnMuley

WKR
My 2 cents on the issue is the Mtn Extremes are the best overall hunting boot on the market. Even after being available for many of years with other brand stepping up their game. I've tried tens of others in comparison and refuse to switch my go to boot elsewhere. I was hoping the Crispi Guides would be my salvation to get away from the chit service these days at Kenetrek, but they just don't compare for me in comfort. I've had a couple pair of Kenetreks that gave me blisters for some reason, and just ended up leukotaping up before those type of hunts. Comfortability trumped everything else. On a side note, my Guides are still 90% after several seasons of moderate use, while a couple pairs of Extremes with the same use are requiring attention. In the end, I keep resorting to comfort on those long hikes.