Crispi Guide Opinions

I am making the jump from Lowa Tibet GTX boots because of numerous returns due to not being waterproof. They did fit great and were great in the steep and slick terrains, but the Gore-Tex would not even last one year. I am thinking I want to try the Crispi Guide Non-Insulated GTX boot. Can anyone who owns these boots or at least have tried these on, give some feedback to how they fit? Are they true to size? How is their toe-box width? A shoe salesman, over the phone, told me his experience has been they run true to size and they have a fairly wide toe-box. But, I have read on this website that the Crispis run a 1/2 size small. I want to try on the 11.5 and 12 in regular and wide sizes. The only problem is the Scheeles store that is about 100 miles away only has the insulated model. How will the insulated boots compare to the non-insulated boots in size and fit? I am trying to narrow this down a little so that I don't end up ordering 4 different sizes to get this right. Thanks.

I can’t comment on that exact boot but I have the Lapponias, which are uninsulated, and the Wild Rocks which are insulated (400g). Both boots fit true to size for me. I just ordered my normal size in both and they both fit great. In my pair and size, I wouldn’t go bigger on the Wild Rocks due to insulation. Plenty of wiggle room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Crispi Nevada with 200 grams of insulation and I wear the same size in them as any other boot. Toe box seems average to me. Hope that helps

OP
JohnyRingo
I never seem to make anything easy. I also remove the factory insole and replace it with a SofSole insole and that complicates things because it eats up some of the volume of the boot. I think I just need to try all 4 sizes with the insole I plan on using, even though Scheele's only has the insulated model.

I tried on the uninsulated in the store and ended up going with insulated, which I had to order. Ordered the same size and they fit exactly the same. I went up a half size compared to most of my other shoes and boots.

As far as room, the toe box seems fairly wide, but shorter (as in not tall) than any other boot I've owned. I get some pressure right at the bottom of the tongue. I'm actually on the hunt for some thinner insoles to give me a little more room there.

Your mileage may vary..

CJF

WKR
I had ordered both the Tibet hi and guide from Black Ovis with the intent of sending one back. Both were the exact same size. The Tibet has a considerable amount more room in the toe box area (wider and taller) than the guide. You didn’t ask about stiffness, but there really is no comparison, the guide is a lot more flexible than the Tibet. If you like the toe box fit if the Tibet I would suggest ordering Wide in the Crispi guide

OP
JohnyRingo
This is good info. This is exactly what I have read in other places. The Crispi boots are a little narrower and shorter (height-wise) in the toe box compared to the Lowa Tibets. That's the one thing I really liked about the Tibets...the roomy toe box. I will probably try the wides in the Guides, hoping that the heel doesn't increase in width to create heel slip.

I have the Crispi Hunter GTX which is similar to the Guide, just 2" shorter. It has 200 gr insulation, and they fit true to size. Excellent boot, had them two years and they are still waterproof and still look like new. I have treated them several times with the Crispi Waterproofing Crème.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The crispi waterproof creme is a must. I thought my birksdalls were getting close to retirement then a few layers of the creme and they are good again.

eoperator

WKR
I normally wear 12 wide, have 12 wide tibets that fit perfectly. Ordered 12.5 wide crispi insulated guides for late season so there would be room for 2 pair of socks, fit is just right.

OP
JohnyRingo
I tried some insulated Guide boots on yesterday. The 11.5 regulars felt good. The 11.5 wide felt great. I went with the wides. In my experience, my boots shoot feel a little loose in the forefoot at the beginning of the hike and then once I get into the hike about 2 miles, my foot seems to fill up the boot. After 8-12 miles, my feet definitely need the extra room. I ordered the boots through BlackOvis and got some Crispi Cream to go with them. Can't wait to try them out.