Crispi Guides Help

Just got a pair of Crispi Guides in, nice boots and they are comfortable to wear in the house (very uncommon for me to say). Long story short, I have mortons neuroma in my right foot. Any amount of pressure on the outer side of the ball of my foot causes me to cringe every step. Ive been running normal width boots my whole life with no fit issues, but now that i have this neuroma, I basically can’t wear boots that fit my foot perfect. My foot measures 12.5 dead smack in the middle of wide/regular. I ordered these Crispis in 13 wide. They are slightly big on my foot, which makes them extremely comfortable and do not cause my neuroma to flare up (normally stiff boots are exceptionally bad about it).

Problem is, my heel is slipping a bit. Ive tried a ton of lacing techniques and when i really crank down on them, I cannot completely eliminate the heel slip. Its not terrible but it is definitely noticeable. I fear I will end up with blisters if the slip remains. Anyone have any insight if my heel sleep will start to diminish as the boots break in and the leather softens/conforms around my foot? Or will some insoles like superfeet eliminate the heel slip? Or should I cut my losses and go ahead and send them back and keep searching for something with a wider toe box and more narrow heel? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MasonfromWi

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in the same boat with the heel slippage. Tore my heels up pretty good the other day hiking the hills with my weighted pack on. Really hoping this isnt an issue after they are broken in, have 15-20 miles on them right now.

chilly460

FNG
I have tried every lacing technique and still have issues with heel slip, found that the best thing for me is just wear Leukotape. If you're looking for another boot, I found the Lowa Tibet is close to same fit as a Crispi Guide but has a wider tow box.

OP
Bearwhisky
Thanks for the input. I ended up sending back the guides and got a pair of schnees beartooths. They are still wide enough for my neuroma up front, but the heel is a bit more narrow. They are working out great. I also ordered a pair of Crispi Valdres for warmer weather and they seem to be working for my feet. The valdres is a 12.5 W whereas the guides were a 13w. Im thinking now that the 12.5w in the guides might have worked out good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk