Crispi Highland Pro boot

Jboogg

FNG
I know hunting is not a fashion contest, but dang. Not the prettiest looking boot... but from a functionality standpoint, it seems like a solid option.

Slugz

WKR
Looks like on the Europe Crispi page there is a olive black Highland and a orange black Highland Pro.

I see you guys talking about it earlier. Did anyone find anything out about getting the all olive Highland model the US ?

Last edited:

Slugz

WKR
I was told we can’t get it.
Roger. I work for an Itailian drilling company over here. I have some of my co workers researching it to see where they can buy it and maybe get them for me.

I also emailed Crispi to see if the Highland was really much different than the Highland Pro.

Last edited:

Slugz

WKR
Got a response from Crispi Europe / Italy

-Highland and Highland Pro are identical in construction just different in color
-Highland not offered in USA due to its only made in EUR/UK sizes

I'm gonna go with the USA orange/olive Highland Pro as I don't wanna try and get a EUR/UK size and have to return for a size size back to Europe and go through that hassle.

I may just black out some of the orange and customize mine with a sharpie. :)

Last edited:
OP
mcseal2

mcseal2

WKR
Mcseal2 did you do a write up on your caribou hunt and who did you go with?

Yeah the gear write up is at the top of the thread, What I learned my first caribou hunt. The story is linked in that post. Sorry, I missed seeing this until now.

Slugz

WKR
Got my pair today. Impressed right from the start. They are built like a tank but light. I can already see the many benifits over my leather boots and gators. Will wear them around the next few weeks. Need to get some black Sharpies to tone down the orange.

Slugz

WKR
Put 4 miles on these the other day turkey scouting. Dunked my foot in a ice jam/creek hole up to the orange calf20210307_115557.jpg strap for 15 minutes. Zero leaks. Zero.
Big fan now of this BOA system for lacing up. For me it seems to apply more even pressure across the entire foot than laces.

Jaker_cc

WKR
Be careful with that BOA system. I’ve broken the cable on two different occasions and that leaves you in a bind. Once was on the coast walking through shin deep mud, so I blame that one on me. The other was hiking to a ridge top one afternoon in Wyoming after fishing the whole morning. Don’t know why it broke but the wire parted. Would leave you with a problem in the backcountry without a backup BOA

Slugz

WKR
Be careful with that BOA system. I’ve broken the cable on two different occasions and that leaves you in a bind. Once was on the coast walking through shin deep mud, so I blame that one on me. The other was hiking to a ridge top one afternoon in Wyoming after fishing the whole morning. Don’t know why it broke but the wire parted. Would leave you with a problem in the backcountry without a backup BOA
Thanks. That was one of my thoughts yesterday also. I figured I needed to get smarter on breaks and fixes.

OP
mcseal2

mcseal2

WKR
Let me know if you learn what to get. I took a second pair of boots last hunt as a precaution.

Looks like Crispi is making an expensive version of the discontinued Cabelas boot like Kevin Dill uses. I hope street price is better than Crispi’s website, but these look perfect for someone like me who needs ankle support in a tall waterproof boot. I am not a big fan of the color. I don’t want to spend that for a boot, but I don’t want ankle issues to ruin a hunt either. Its one I will have to think on a while. I would definitely use them for both hunting and work if I had them. At that price I’d save them for days I had to have them and try to get 10 years out of them

i think zamberlan dropped a similar boot recently too

Once was on the coast walking through shin deep mud, so I blame that one on me.
that shouldnt be on you. These things are crazy expensive. If you cant hike through certain things with them i feel there is an issue. I almost got that BOA system on my simms wading boots but decided against it since replacing a lace is much easier.

Slugz

WKR

Instructions on the page to send pics of the setup. Video for fixes.
Im gonna email them and have them reccommend whats parts to have on hand for a fix kit.

Slugz

WKR
Gave them a thorough workout this weekend in the rain storms. Hiked a bunch in the Flat Tops through a bunch of marsh, streams, mud etc. My feet were bone dry. Even used them when launching the inflateable boat and no leakage at all. Was on hard and soft terrain and gave me good support.
View attachment 30259720210626_123202.jpg20210626_130630.jpg