Crispi Idaho II GTX or the Guide GTX

rino2098

FNG
I'm looking at getting a pair of Crispi boots but not sure which one I would enjoy better. I was able to try on a pair of Nevada just a 1/2 size to small. I liked the way they felt just didn't like how tall they were. I wear boots everyday and just prefer a little taller. That's when we saw the Guides which the best me and the sales guy could notice from his order sheet they were the same boot but 10" tall. Unfortunately they didn't have a Wyoming model nor it's taller brother the Idaho. Other then the price difference what would be any reason why I would want to pick one over the other? Unfortunately I don't live beat somewhere that sells them. I just happen to be working in NM and was able to find a place an hour from me to even be able to try a pair on.

I have worn danner pronghorns for many years and with that being said my current ones did their job this weekend 13 mile hike in the Gila but I had way way too much play in the boot with my for moving around. They work good in flat terrain but mountain and rocks I felt my toes in the toe box way to much.

Thank u for any tips or suggestions

Birddog1

FNG
I’ve tried both in the last month and both are good boots, they just didn’t fit my feet as well as I would have liked. The Guide, being all leather, was stiffer out of the box and I didn’t have them long enough to break in. The Idaho, leather and nylon, felt more flexible and I’ve heard doesn’t hold up as long but the Idaho II uses better materials. Really, you won’t go wrong with either one. Since you’re wearing them every day, what kind of temps will you be using them in and what kind of work? Hotter temps/lighter work go with the Idaho. Colder/heavier work go with the Guide but that’s just my opinion.

Dvidos

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve tried both in the last month and both are good boots, they just didn’t fit my feet as well as I would have liked. The Guide, being all leather, was stiffer out of the box and I didn’t have them long enough to break in. The Idaho, leather and nylon, felt more flexible and I’ve heard doesn’t hold up as long but the Idaho II uses better materials. Really, you won’t go wrong with either one. Since you’re wearing them every day, what kind of temps will you be using them in and what kind of work? Hotter temps/lighter work go with the Idaho. Colder/heavier work go with the Guide but that’s just my opinion.
+1
prod.jpg

prod.jpg

OP
R

rino2098

FNG
I guess the I wear boots everyday part might a got taken wrong sorry. I might I wear boots everyday as in my work boots. ( Redwing steel toe) so that's just the style and hight of boot that feels right when wearing them. Bring that they are about a 10" lace up leather boot. I guess thou temps would be mostly in warmer weather as I live in North FL,. But will be traveling to SD this morning Oct for a week long spot n stalk deer archery hunt

Birddog1

FNG
I got it now. If you’re in FL and primarily warm weather I would go with the Idaho. I think they will also serve you well since you’ll be moving when in SD. But either way you’ll be good. Since Crispi don’t fit as well as I would like I ended up going with uninsulated all leather Hoffman Explorers. I wore them to the office yesterday and it was in the 90’s here in OH. With a pair of Darn Tough cushion socks it wasn’t bad at all. If you’re used to wearing an all leather boot now the Guides won’t be bad for you either.

OP
R

rino2098

FNG
Thank u. Just trying the see if the extra 50$ between the 2 are going to change anything in how the boot performs. I wish the place I went to would a had the Wyoming in a size I could a tried on them it would a made this a little easier haha. I liked the idea of all leather for being able to condition the leather and give you kind of a extra added water barrier. But the danners I currently have are a 50-50 leather and other material. I'm so torn. Wish I lived closer to someone that had them so I could get them on my feet and see for myself. I hate not being able to try on boots. Since u bought the boots and didn't keep them u mind me asking where u got them that allowed u to return them.

Again thank u

MtnMuley

WKR
I have them both and the Guides are a lot more of a boot in my opinion. If you've been wearing Pronghorns, the Idaho's will be a closer example.

Birddog1

FNG
Black Ovis is where I bought and returned them to. They also have a 10% off code you can use and free shipping to you. Very good return policy but you just have to wear them around the house and not outside. I’ve actually tried the Nevada, Idaho, Wyoming and Guide boots from Crispi. I only have the Idaho but trying to sell them since I got the Hoffman boots.

Narrowing down boots

I just went through a lot of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R

rino2098

FNG
Black Ovis is where I bought and returned them to. They also have a 10% off code you can use and free shipping to you. Very good return policy but you just have to wear them around the house and not outside. I’ve actually tried the Nevada, Idaho, Wyoming and Guide boots from Crispi. I only have the Idaho but trying to sell them since I got the Hoffman boots.
What size are your Idaho's. And are they the 1s or 2s?