Crispi Idaho II GTX

Jimss

WKR
My guess is the Nevadas would outlast the Wyo's since they are all leather. I'm not sure if there is a weight difference. Youtube has some really good videos where the Crispi guys compare a bunch of their boots. It's definitely worth a look.

Fullfan

WKR
I have two pr of the Idaho's, loved the first pr so much I bought a second pr when I returned home from Chasing Sept elk. Only time I wear them is when chasing elk. Decide to give the Laponia's a try. Have had them for about a month, jury is still out on them. Lighter than the Idaho's, but not the same ankle support.
Guessing they will make for a good Midwest turkey hunting boot.

Grundy53

WKR
I have a pair of the Laponias too. They are nice. But not in the same league as the Idaho. Your feet will get wet if you don't waterproof them regularly.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Venom One

WKR
The Wyoming is the same boot in low top.

I wish I'd gotten the Wyoming's instead of the Summit's. Went with the Summits because they were the most popular and had really good reviews. My Salomon's are more comfortable, but lacked wet grip. Hoping the Crispi's solve that issue.

Got three seasons out of my Gen 1 Idahos before they started leaking. Comfortable boot, middle of the road stiffness. I moved on towards stiffer mountaineering style boots but I keep the Idahos for flatter walking hunts.

Have laponia and idaho's.
1. Agree with earlier that Grundy's comment completely different class. Would not use laponia for packout's in rough terrain. Not enough ankle support
2. Idaho's have been my go to for years now. Run them up until end of october.
3. They handle wet weather pretty well but as with all goretex can wet out. Goretex can get clammy when soaked but i prefer running that over the heavier full leather boots.
4. Usually using these sub-alpine elk hunts and non-deep snow treks.
5. I have gotten 3-4 years out of them w/ heavy use, had worn the tread out of the back and then the rand / sole started to delaminate some. Crispi USA steered to me a guy down in southern utah, he got them resoled in about two or three weeks and they are basically good as new. gave them to my college age son and he is running them now as his hiking boots for last year.

OP
M
Update, I finally got time to run to the store and wear out a salesman's afternoon grabbing me different boots to try. I tried almost all of the aforementioned options, some fit my feet better than others, but I ended up going with the Idaho's. They just were simply the most comfortable of all that I tried, and the somewhat stiff highish ankle support will serve me well I think. I appreciate all you guys helping.