Crispi Insulated vs Uninsulated

D.Rose

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for an all around boot for the hills of Eastern Ky. I have very narrow heels and have seen people with that type feet have good luck with the Crispi Briskdale. So would I be better off going with the insulated vs non insulated with plans on treestand hunting? I put a lot of miles on my boots in the fall but not sure which route to go. I would like to get down to a temp range of 30-35 degrees in a stand with these new boots so do you all think I can get by with uninsulated with good socks? Also if you have any other recommendations for narrow heel boots feel free to give advice!

Wapiti151

WKR
Crispi only uses 200g of insulation, that is not all that much...enough to stay fairly warm, but not enough to cause discomfort while hiking (in my experience). Everyone is different but the 200g of insulation in my crispis, and the 400g insulation in my kenetreks doesn't bother me much at all unless i am hiking in the middle of the summer. If i had to choose between a little sweat or my feet freezing in a stand or during a glassing session...i am taking the sweat EVERY DAY. Use a good sock system and you should be golden.

OP
D.Rose

D.Rose

Lil-Rokslider
What about packing in boot blankets or overboots?
Yes I have done that in very cold temps. Just not sure how much difference the 200gr insulation would be vs no insulation.

Muskykris

Lil-Rokslider
Crispi Wild Rock have 400 g of insulation.
I bought these last year, I’m impressed.
400g insulation
Wore them the other day on that started at 13c and went to 25c

My feet did get warm when it went over 20c but nothing awful

Last fall when it was -3 to -8c they were fine for my stand

Anything colder than that I’d want warmer footwear

I love the Wild Rock GTX. Great cold weather boot. Not too bulky but plenty warm. If I was moving around a lot I wouldn’t be concerned wearing and uninsulated boot down to 30-35 degrees. But if sitting for long periods I’d go insulated. I vote the insulated ones and wear really good moisture wicking socks. I have a narrow heel and the size 12 fit me great. Then I started training for a marathon and my foot got longer. I ordered a 12 1/2 but couldn’t get the heel to lock in place which is my problem with the way most boots fit my foot. Good luck