Crispi Kenai Review

FlyingDutchman

Lil-Rokslider
94F288AE-D3FB-449B-A443-101D1AFD1198.jpegAfter struggling with boot fit for the past year I finally found the one! The Crispi Kenai! They are basically a pair of Nevada with dark brown full grain leather and the sole/flex of the Wyoming/Idaho. I like this midsole better as it feels more forgiving and you can feel the ground a bit more. They also shed water better and don’t wet out like nubuck sometimes can. They have the ABSS and the same cushy leather ankle interior. Finally a pair of boots that secures my heel but still has a cush feel to the forefoot and a nice wide toebox. So far I’m super pleased with these and buying from Black Ovis was one of my best online boot buying experiences, as they worked with me to find the best fit.

Attachments

• CA122B2D-6D33-43A1-9C46-F8E87842904C.jpeg
    CA122B2D-6D33-43A1-9C46-F8E87842904C.jpeg
    344.8 KB · Views: 102
  • 65EB1E90-9C19-4FF0-BC9F-FB7F753CDF03.jpeg
    65EB1E90-9C19-4FF0-BC9F-FB7F753CDF03.jpeg
    331 KB · Views: 98

Johbran

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the info, I am deciding between this boot and the Nevada. Not sure I want to deal with the upkeep the leather, I can be a bit lazy with boot care.

Shadowcaster

Lil-Rokslider
I realize this is an old thread, but are you still happy with the Kenai? Happier than with the Nevadas?

View attachment 334207After struggling with boot fit for the past year I finally found the one! The Crispi Kenai! They are basically a pair of Nevada with dark brown full grain leather and the sole/flex of the Wyoming/Idaho. I like this midsole better as it feels more forgiving and you can feel the ground a bit more. They also shed water better and don’t wet out like nubuck sometimes can. They have the ABSS and the same cushy leather ankle interior. Finally a pair of boots that secures my heel but still has a cush feel to the forefoot and a nice wide toebox. So far I’m super pleased with these and buying from Black Ovis was one of my best online boot buying experiences, as they worked with me to find the best fit.
Looking to pull the trigger on these boots, any other reviews or updates? Thanks

OP
FlyingDutchman

FlyingDutchman

Lil-Rokslider
These boots have held up great for me…I couldn’t be more pleased. I can put a lot of miles on these and my feet aren’t destroyed. They also are comfortable with multiple sock thicknesses so they are good in different temp ranges.

Mebe007

Lil-Rokslider
I currently run the Wyomings. Has been my perfect boot, however in rain the nubuck as you say wets out and in the field can take forever to dry. One thing I love about my zamberlan 969 guides is that they are all leather and don't suffer this issue. For that reason I too have been looking at the kenai

OP
FlyingDutchman

FlyingDutchman

Lil-Rokslider
I’m still loving these boots. The leather is holding up great and still looks good.