Crispi Lapponia Review?

apkleinschmidt

Lil-Rokslider
Can anyone provide feedback/reviews on the Lapponia? There are some older threads touching on the Lapponia but I can't find a recent, in-depth analysis.

I'm looking at buying a pair for hot early season flatland hunting, general use around the ranch, and hiking. I already have Crispi Thor, so I know Crispi fit my feet well. I was hoping the Lapponia could provide me an even lighter, more flexible, general use boot when it's warm.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

I picked up a set about two months ago for doing Arizona this fall. Did two weeks in Alaska with it and like them. Significantly lighter than my crispi idaho's. Temperatures in the 70's for the most part...don't have a good feel for hotter temps yet, but loaded pack walking here in dallas at 90F for just a few hours has been ok. Had multiple days of heavy rain w/o any issue in Alaska. Was doing 5-10 miles a day with 3000 ft no issue with about 25lbs. Good traction on loose stuff above tree line. Not as stiff as the idaho.

OP
A

apkleinschmidt

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a set about two months ago for doing Arizona this fall. Did two weeks in Alaska with it and like them. Significantly lighter than my crispi idaho's. Temperatures in the 70's for the most part...don't have a good feel for hotter temps yet, but loaded pack walking here in dallas at 90F for just a few hours has been ok. Had multiple days of heavy rain w/o any issue in Alaska. Was doing 5-10 miles a day with 3000 ft no issue with about 25lbs. Good traction on loose stuff above tree line. Not as stiff as the idaho.
Great info thanks! I'm down near B/CS so similar to you, I'll probably be looking at 90 degree plus weather during summer hikes, hog hunting, dove hunting, and bow season.

Block

WKR
Both the Thor and Lapponia were pretty comfy boots for me,,, but neither lasted very long... I also owned a pair of Nevada Legend GTX and the Lapponia were my fav of the 3 Crispis,,, they fit slightly wider than the Thors..

OP
A

apkleinschmidt

Lil-Rokslider
^^^ have you come across another lightweight early season boot you prefer over the Lapponia?

grfox92

WKR
I had a pair. I wanted to love them but I had the worst heel slip of any boots I've ever worn. Wore the skin right off my heels even after break in. they were water tight and weighed next to nothing compared to other boots.

If they fit your feet good I think they are a great boot overall.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

sargent

WKR
I've had a pair for a year and they fit me well. I wear them all the time. They are very light and flexible, not like a stiff soled hunting boot. It sounds like they might work for you too.

Gbrecka

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had a pair for three years now. No issues with mine. I use them the most on early season prairie hunts. They work well, but my feet are hot no matter what I wear.

Block

WKR
^^^ have you come across another lightweight early season boot you prefer over the Lapponia?

For my foot the Hanwag Makra and Salomon 4D GTX are slightly more comfortable and more durable,,, but both are heavier. Still in search of THE boot...

rclouse79

WKR
For my foot the Hanwag Makra and Salomon 4D GTX are slightly more comfortable and more durable,,, but both are heavier. Still in search of THE boot...
Resurrecting this post from the dead. My heels have hated all boots other than the Salomon 4D GTX. Although they are comfortable I have not been impressed with their durability or staying waterproof. I tried on my first pair of Crispis today and liked how they felt hiking up and down the stairs. I was thinking about trying them out in hopes of getting some more miles out of them when I read you think the Salomons are more durable. That is not a good endorsement for Crispi based on my experience with Salomon.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
I just got a pair of Lapponias, and they are big for size compared to just about every other major boot brand. Toes are swimming unless I use a thick sock....which I don't want to do, as I want these for warmer weather hunts. They are much bulkier than I imagined as well. Not saying I don't like them, but not thrilled either.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Resurrecting this post from the dead. My heels have hated all boots other than the Salomon 4D GTX. Although they are comfortable I have not been impressed with their durability or staying waterproof. I tried on my first pair of Crispis today and liked how they felt hiking up and down the stairs. I was thinking about trying them out in hopes of getting some more miles out of them when I read you think the Salomons are more durable. That is not a good endorsement for Crispi based on my experience with Salomon.

If Salomon's actually were waterproof, they would be the greatest boot in the world for me. Out of the box comfort that fit so well, but man, they don't hold up after a hard season, and my feet eventually wet out. (not foot sweat, but from rain, wet vegetation etc)
I still wear them, but keep them for dry days and if I spike out, the forecast has to be clear. If not, its Zamberlans

rclouse79

WKR
If Salomon's actually were waterproof, they would be the greatest boot in the world for me. Out of the box comfort that fit so well, but man, they don't hold up after a hard season, and my feet eventually wet out. (not foot sweat, but from rain, wet vegetation etc)
I still wear them, but keep them for dry days and if I spike out, the forecast has to be clear. If not, its Zamberlans
I tried on some Zaberlans today as well and they were definitely a no go on my heels. When I was young and dumb I felt that same feeling and thought I could brake the boots in. The boots won. I am ready to give Crispi a try if I thought they would keep my feet dry and would last a few seasons.

Brando

FNG
Can anyone tell me if the Lapponia fit the same as the Nervada?
Ive been wearing Lapponias for 3 seasons and recently got a pair of Nevada’s. I don’t feel that they fit the same. I run 10.5 in Lapponias and 10 in Nevada’s.
For my feet the Nevadas seem to run longer but narrower in the toe box. I initially purchased a 10.5 in the Nevada’s to match my Lapponias but I felt like I had way to much room between my toes and the front of the boot which caused a lot of slop so I exchanged them for 10’s. Now I feel slight pressure on the outside of my big toes however it eliminated the front to back slipping. I don’t have that problem with the Lapponias. Plenty of width in the toe box and just the right amount of room to not cause heel slippage and toe pressure on the front of the boot.
The Lapponias just seem to fit a little better all the way around.