Crispi Lapponia vs. Lapponia 2

Hunter270

FNG
Hey guys,
Just wondering if anyone has tried the original Lapponia boots and then tried the second gen Lapponias. My question is, is the second gen that much better than the first gen? Camofire has the first gen in stock and on sale and I’d like to try them, but for another $70, I could just get the second gen when they come back in stock.

Thoughts?

Mostly would be used for spring through early fall covering lots of country on varying terrain. I currently have Crispi nevadas for later and steep hunts and run a pair of Solomon Quest 4d gtx for my warm season stuff.

Thanks

I wondered the same about the Colorado’s. Crispi told me the only changes to the boot were new colors and a somewhat stronger material, so I went with the original model for like $100 off on black ovis. I would assume it’s pretty much the same for the Lapponia

I have the regular lapponia but not the new one. The one thing that I see and I “think” I would like more is the laces going down a bit farther on the toe. I really like the ones that I have, I just think that that would help fine tune just that little bit more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t own either, but they did the same thing with the Thors about 2 years ago. Added the stronger hex looking material. I had both and preferred the original Thors, seemed to breathe just a tad better. I’d save some money and go with the originals unless the laces going down further is a huge selling point for you.

Mcolson

FNG
I cant find my size anywhere. Once I do I'll be able to post a review.
Just bought original Lapponia and the new altitude in 10.5, my normal show and boot size...apparently I need a wide. My left little toe is tight. Now I can't find them in wide or it isn't offered.

Wags

WKR
Just bought original Lapponia and the new altitude in 10.5, my normal show and boot size...apparently I need a wide. My left little toe is tight. Now I can't find them in wide or it isn't offered.

I believe they never made the original in a wide.