Crispi Lappponia

TX4ever

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone use them elk hunting? Looking for a new boot for Colorado and looking at the Lapponia’s and Summit’s. I’m new to elk hunting but have always used light weight hiking boots on other hunts. Can the Lappponias deal with tough terrain and a full pack or should I look for a stiffer boot?

sargent

WKR
I've used the Lapponias quite a bit and really like them. They are tough enough for elk hunting. If your hunt calls for lots of boulder field crossing, scree slopes, or steep sidehilling, you might be wishing for a stiffer boot, otherwise, the Lapponias should work well.

huckfin

FNG
I just got the laponias and really like them. I have hunted with the crispi Colorado the last two seasons and wanted a lighter boot, laponis are definitely what you want. If they don't work for you elk hunting they will work for you in any other hunting situation.

I have had a pair of Lapponias for about a year and a half. I wear them for everything from spring to winter unless i decide I’ll be more inactive and go with insulated boots. The toe box on them gets wide as they stretch out after about a month off use. Which i don’t really like but lots of people do. I talked with the crispy rep at the sportsman show and the new lapponias are coming out in May?? Have the laces going farther down the toe. I’ll definitely be getting another pair when the new ones come out. I do agree on really rocky terrain some people might want a bit stiffer sole but i like more flexibility.

feanor

WKR
I love mine for everything but really cold rifle hunts when I can be sitting longer and my feet get cold. I’ve never had ankle issues which require a stiffer boot with more support, so the Lapponias are great for me. I wore them at the end of archery season Colorado when we had two straight days of snow, sleet, rain and mud and my feet were perfectly dry. I try not to wear them too much now to keep the usage down for hunting season. But they’re so comfy I want to wear them daily.

feanor

WKR
I have had a pair of Lapponias for about a year and a half. I wear them for everything from spring to winter unless i decide I’ll be more inactive and go with insulated boots. The toe box on them gets wide as they stretch out after about a month off use. Which i don’t really like but lots of people do. I talked with the crispy rep at the sportsman show and the new lapponias are coming out in May?? Have the laces going farther down the toe. I’ll definitely be getting another pair when the new ones come out. I do agree on really rocky terrain some people might want a bit stiffer sole but i like more flexibility.
That will be pretty cool to have a longer lace on the toes- making it more like an approach shoe in some ways.

Anyone use them elk hunting? Looking for a new boot for Colorado and looking at the Lapponia’s and Summit’s. I’m new to elk hunting but have always used light weight hiking boots on other hunts. Can the Lappponias deal with tough terrain and a full pack or should I look for a stiffer boot?
The preference will be personal to you, I always prefer light/flexible, even with a heavy pack… some people suffer with light flexible boots and a heavy pack.

You already being used to lightweight boots will probably like the lapponia. The best way for me to create foot issues and discomfort is to put on a stiff supportive boot, I hate them, and fit becomes more critical (hard to find a stiff comfortable boot for me)

The summits are awesome too, and my choice when I want a more substantial boot, yet they are still pretty flexible and light, but I have never seen terrain that summit aren’t enough

If they made the summit with no synthetic panels, I would wear them 80% if the time…