Crispi Lock Down Lace system

Vernon

FNG
Looking for some thoughts/inputs on Crispi's lock down lace system. I bought a pair of Dakota GTX which I absolutely love the feel, design, and looks. I love everything about these boots EXCEPT the "Lock Down Lace" which I just can't get use to. I currently have them listed for sale in the classifieds but curious if I should keep giving them a chance? I usually only wear 1 pair of boots unless it's early season and super hot so really need to love the pair I'm wearing.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
What about the lockdowns don’t you like? I run the laces without the using the lockdowns sometimes if it’s don’t need them right. If you bent the locking eyelets a little you could probably make them so they don’t lock anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BluMtn

WKR
I wear Hanwags and they have a lockdown between the foot and top. I like to have the ability to have my laces on the foot portion a little loose and tighten the top for support. But as Jordan mention take a screwdriver and widen the lock and be done with it.

OP
V

Vernon

FNG
I agree with both of you however in trying to determine what my malfunction is and why I don't like I've come to realize it might have more to do with the next eyelet up being material and not an actual open eyelet that you can wrap your lace through like traditional boots. I think I might be over analyzing everything at this point:) Thanks for your input fellas-appreciate it.