Crispi Nevada 200g ins. Too much for September?

Ndstevens

Lil-Rokslider
I have a local bow shop here in Montana that sells a variety of things you may need for bow hunting/backpack hunting. I was down there to buy some new boots and was sold on the Nevada’s for many reasons. It wasn’t till I got home that I realized they had the 200g insulation. How many guys have used this boot in September that can attest to how warm the boots feel in those temps? Mid 30s- high 70s usually. I’ve always used uninsulated boots for archery and even then my feet get a bit warm. But once the snow fly’s my toes are always freezing. Any input is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Ndstevens

Ndstevens

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve read a bunch of threads about these boots. The only real comments about the insulation in warm temps was from Ross I believe in his in depth review of them a few years back. I’m just hoping that a few other guys can comment on this topic specifically.

Rock-o

WKR
First time I wore my Crispi Hunter GTX, also 200 g, the weather was high 40s during the day. The night temperatures were mid-20s. I had on Darn Tough Hunter Over-the-Calf Extra Cushion (a heavy 79% Merino Wool sock). No liner socks. My activity level was low. My feet were always plenty warm but never hot or sweaty; I think my feet tend to be "average" or maybe slightly on the cool side.

With light socks I bet you can wear your Nevada boots in 70s and get by.

OP
Ndstevens

Ndstevens

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the replys