Crispi Nevada Black GTX

Anyone try the Crispi Nevada Black GTX yet? I have been considering them for Uniform/work. I've been wearing the Salomon 4d GTX 2, and have no complaints (I have two pair). I have the Crispi Hunter GTX for chasing Elk, and they are the most comfortable boots I have ever worn, so I was thinking about the Crispi Nevada Black (leather) for work wear.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have a pair waiting for spring hikes have not worn them yet but had a prior pair in standard color and did review on them great boots👍

These look like some nice duty boots. I’ve been using Lowa Renegade in black and polishing to shine them. Also died a pair of Lowa Tibet’s black and they work great too! I’ve seen sales on the brown but this is the first I’ve seen of the black! I try to dual purpose my boots for work, hunting, and hiking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
L
I saw the brown, but it is a nubuck (suede) type leather. This is the first time I saw the smooth black leather ones. They should take a shine really well. They (Crispi) offer a LEO Discount, which I have applied for. Not sure how much the discount is, but even at full price, these boots should be keepers and worth every penny. I have never regretted for a second my purchase of the Hunter GTX- They are awesome.

Last edited:

MET48

FNG
I have the Crispi Nevada in black and can say they are my favorite and most comfortable pair of boots I own. That being said I don’t think they look great with a uniform. The rubber rand doesn’t allow them to shine up well. I mostly use them for a training and wintertime boot.

I would suggest you look at the Kenetrek Hard Tactical. They are a great durable duty boot, shine up nicely, and have a mountain boot feel. They do take some time to break in!

OP
L
Thanks MET48, I tried the Nevada, and had to send them back. I just got home with a pair of Salomon Quad 4 GTX 3. I have two pair of the GTX 2, and they are great, just getting a little worn. I was hoping the Nevada would have worked, but they didn't fit right. I do have a pair of Crispi Hunter GTX that I love, and they fit great-was hoping to get similar with the Nevada but it didn't work out.
The Salomon Quad 4 GTX 3 are really comfortable, and are black nu-buck type leather. I can't shine them, but can wear them unless we dress in our VIP's, Class A then my Danner Acadias will have to work.

Last edited:
e616f9a960b7064cda75ded9c6418f9f.jpg

I have the Crispi Nevada in black and can say they are my favorite and most comfortable pair of boots I own. That being said I don’t think they look great with a uniform. The rubber rand doesn’t allow them to shine up well. I mostly use them for a training and wintertime boot.

I would suggest you look at the Kenetrek Hard Tactical. They are a great durable duty boot, shine up nicely, and have a mountain boot feel. They do take some time to break in!

You have a set of the Hard Tacs?

MET48

FNG
You have a set of the Hard Tacs?

I do. I am on my second pair of hard tac. I think they are a great duty boot and wear them daily. I wore Danners for twenty years and would never go back.

I do. I am on my second pair of hard tac. I think they are a great duty boot and wear them daily. I wore Danners for twenty years and would never go back.

Danners don’t fit my feet. I try to buy dual purpose boots. My Tibet’s are almost done for.