Crispi Nevada discomfort questions

I just got my first pair of quality boots, I ordered some uninsulated Nevadas in anticipation of my first western hunt this year. I've always worn Cabelas meindl ultralight with good results but figured I need something better. Has anyone ever had discomfort from the abss, to me it almost feels like a ledge inside the boots that rubs on the sides of my ankles, also the top seems really tight and presses the top of my foot. Are these things that you think will go away as they break in or is boot comfort something you usually have a feel for right away? I also considered trying some green superfeet in these before I move on, just looking for any tips or recommendations. Thanks

Honyock

WKR
Call Blackovis and ask them since they are also the Crispi USA distributor. My Nevadas were by far the most comfortable boots I've used right out of the box and with minimal break in time. Everyone's feet are different and some brands fit better than others. My feet like the Nevadas.

BullsDeep

Lil-Rokslider
I recently ordered a pair from black ovis, i had to send them back, did not fit my feet at all, ordered the wides and alot of discomfort on the outside edges in the toe box.

OP
kpshunts91
Hey guys, appreciate the responses. I'm going to send them back to Black Ovis and keep looking. As much as I wanted to like them, I don't think it would of worked out. Too much discomfort from just walking circles in the house. You can tell it's a great quality boot though. May try the Hanwag Alverstone IIs next.

Matt1214

Lil-Rokslider
I am in same boat. I had lot of discomfort near pinky toe knuckle. Sent back for wide, they are better but toe box feels massive now and they just dont feel very comfortable. I think I am going to send back and try something lighter. They feel too clunky and heavy

OP
kpshunts91
I am in same boat. I had lot of discomfort near pinky toe knuckle. Sent back for wide, they are better but toe box feels massive now and they just dont feel very comfortable. I think I am going to send back and try something lighter. They feel too clunky and heavy
Thanks for chiming in cause I considered trying the wides but had the same concerns. What are you thinking about trying now? I'm thinking Hanwag Alverstones or Lowa Caminos but not sure yet

The boots might just not fit your feet. Different manufacturers use different last to form the boot. My Lowa Tibet’s have been great, only issue I had was my little toe would get a hot spot when traversing the mountains. I bought the Kenetrek mountain extremes this go around and let’s hope for many years of use.

Matt1214

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for chiming in cause I considered trying the wides but had the same concerns. What are you thinking about trying now? I'm thinking Hanwag Alverstones or Lowa Caminos but not sure yet
I emailed gohunt since I ordered from them. Jared was a big help. He recommended trying Thor II, Wyoming, lowa baldo, lowa ticam. The Thor seems much lighter but still pretty stiff. And not quite as much to box space in wide. I wish I could go somewhere and try everything on but I live in Maine. There’s only REI in mass. and I tried everything they had to no avail.
it’s hard for me to find comfortable shoes.

This sounds like my post last year. Same issue. I wanted so much to love them. I may give kenetrek a shot this time

River_Rat

FNG
My crispi wyomings hurt the top of my feet about where my toes met my foot. I ended up relacing and skipping the first set of buckles and it absolutely made a difference. Felt like totally different boot and now I wear them pretty much daily!

Attachments

• 20210207_184802.jpg
    20210207_184802.jpg
    374.6 KB · Views: 43

Catahoula

WKR
No issues with my Nevada’s I have a couple buddies that have them and no complaints from them that I’m aware of.... wear them around the house a few days if possible.

eagle#eyes

Lil-Rokslider
My crispi wyomings hurt the top of my feet about where my toes met my foot. I ended up relacing and skipping the first set of buckles and it absolutely made a difference. Felt like totally different boot and now I wear them pretty much daily!
I had a similar issue but a little higher up on my foot. I went from the 2 eyelets strait to the third eyelets without crossing so the laces wouldn't put pressure on that spot and it fixed the issue. Everything other than that spot was perfect for me.

Josh_

FNG
I also just got a pair of Nevada's. I like them a lot, but I needed a 12 when I usually wear a 11.5.

ckkone

Lil-Rokslider
Returned the Nevadas and exchanged them for a par of Hanwag Alverstone IIs and they feel great! (got a half size bigger after reading a review on gohunt)
My feet didn't get along with Crispi either tried on many different styles and sizes all had noticeable pressure points somewhere (like a hard plastic feel), ended up with Kuiu Scarpe R-Evo fit like a glove. Find what works for you not what influencers tell you is great.

The boots might just not fit your feet. Different manufacturers use different last to form the boot. My Lowa Tibet’s have been great, only issue I had was my little toe would get a hot spot when traversing the mountains. I bought the Kenetrek mountain extremes this go around and let’s hope for many years of use.
this is the deal. i got some Nevadas too since i loved the summits, very different fit. the Nevada will still be a useful boot to me, but it's not what i hoped.... that is nothing negative about the Nevada, it's just my feet. i was hoping for the same fit as the summit but full grain leather.... it wasn't so. enough people say the Nevada is the most comfortable boot they own that i know it's not a boot thing..... we have to seek out that perfect boot by trying them until you find that boot.... if they made the summit in all leather, my search would be over.

i may reach out to crispi and see if that boot exists, but i have been looking for an excuse to get a pair of zamberlans, so i may just go that direction. when you find that perfect boot, stick with it.