Crispi Nevada GTX - Size Fit

brian84

FNG
I am getting ready to purchase my first pair of Crispi's. I am ordering online just because of my location. I tried on my buddy's pair of Wyoming II's and the fit was surprisingly small. I normally wear a 10 or 10.5. His are an 11 and they were very snug so I was thinking I'd need to get an 11.5EE. Any feedback on experience with the Nevada and how it sizes/fit would be great. Thanks.

ncavi8tor

WKR
I have the Nevada Uninsulated and they fit small to me. I am a 11D in running/walking shoes, but I had to size up to a 11.5D in Crispi. They are also tight in the width for me. I've never needed a wide shoe, but feel like I could have used the wide in the Nevada. I wore them all last year while training and on my elk hunt in Montana even though they were not a 100% comfortable fit. Big mistake!! They hurt the balls of my foot, especially on downhills. My toes would actually go numb after a long downhill trek. Needless to say that I will be searching for a better fitting boot this year and the Crispis will be sold.

Good luck in your search. It's difficult to find the perfect boot!

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Ondavirg

Lil-Rokslider
The fit was different for me in the 3 different crispi boots I tried. I wouldn’t let the fit of one model sway you one way or the other as each boot fits differently.

Jpace

FNG
My Nevada’s fit bigger then my Colorados both size 11. But I love them both.

ceejay

Lil-Rokslider
The Wyoming feels like a slightly bigger volume boot than the Nevada (or Guide for a 10" version. I find it very odd that your normal boot size would be 10-10.5 and a Wyoming size 11 would be tight. However since you have a Crispi boot to compare then I would expect the Nevada to overall have a little tighter fit than the Wyoming. Since you plan on spending ~ $350-400 on a these boots it may benefit you to order both an 11.5 regular and wide width to have a good fit comparison and just eat the return shipping cost on one of them.

The fit was different for me in the 3 different crispi boots I tried. I wouldn’t let the fit of one model sway you one way or the other as each boot fits differently.
That’s my experience too... I got some summits, best fitting boots I have owned, go some Nevada’s and completely different fit... almost like they are a half size big... with no description of fit on their site, I probably will never order them again. So far impressed with quality, but that’s second to fit, so I went with zamberlan recently... they have an excellent fitting chart for each last they use, so you know what to expect... I went with their size chart, ordered boots and they were exactly like I expected... now I know any boot with that last will fit that way... pretty straightforward

I like crispi, but with nowhere to try them on and no fit standard, I’m done with them until they change that... seems crazy to have a wide range of fitment in their different boots with zero description of fit for each boot or family of boot
If the summit was all leather, my search for the perfect boot would be over, but synthetic panels and goretex on the coast is a recipe for wet feet...

I think zamberlan won my business by having a good size chart, like every boot company should have

Reach out to Crispi. I bought a pair of Nevada last year and they were very helpful and my boots fit perfect with merino socks.

BBecker74

FNG
I’m in the same boat only i don’t have a pair to try on and there’s no stores in my area that carry crispi. I‘m looking at the thor II boot but can’t decide what size to order and really don’t want to have to keep shipping boots back and forth until I get it right. I wear a 10 in Salomon so that’s what I’m leaning towards.

I am getting ready to purchase my first pair of Crispi's. I am ordering online just because of my location. I tried on my buddy's pair of Wyoming II's and the fit was surprisingly small. I normally wear a 10 or 10.5. His are an 11 and they were very snug so I was thinking I'd need to get an 11.5EE. Any feedback on experience with the Nevada and how it sizes/fit would be great. Thanks.

I bought the Guide GTX ‘s last year and my normal size felt fine in the store but when I got on the mountain with them they were definitely a half size too small. By the end of hunting season I actually had numbness in my toes that still has not gone away after six months. I would definitely go a half size up at least!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk