Crispi Nevada Heel Pressure and Break In

Hey everyone,

I just got a set of Crispi Nevadas this last week as my first high end boot purchase. I do field work so I figured I might as well put the money down for them. I feel as though they have broken in pretty well, my only issue is going uphill I get a lot of pressure on the back of my heel. This is the only time it happens. The boot doesnt slip and fits my foot really really well but that bit of pressure is just bothering me. I only have about 5 or 6 miles of real hiking on them and I'm just wondering if that is something that will break in or if I'm going to have to find a way to deal with it. If it is something that doesnt seem to go away, has anyone else had this issue and what boots or solutions did you find for it?

Thanks

grfox92

WKR
I have the same problem, but only with my right foot. I'm wearing Lapppnias and I'm equally concerned with an upcoming trip.

Im ordering Leukotape that I'm going to preemptively put on my right heel and hope it works.

I've had the same problem with every stiffer boot I've ever worn.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
E
It's like my heel is hitting exactly at the top of the rubber rand and it's not allowing the leather to wear in. Did a mile or so today some uphill.

OP
E
I have done some more research and then came to a conclusion once I took the insoles out of the boots and put my feet in them. It appears as though my Nevada's heel cup is not deep enough for my foot. Does anyone have the same issue?

grfox92

WKR
I replaced the factory insole with superfeet Green yesterdays. They have a a very deep heel cup. I am hoping that helps for me. I will do a hike tomorrow and see.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk