Crispi Nevada owner experiences

Teaman1

WKR
I’ve tried them on and decided that these are the boots I want. I am really stuck on choosing between insulated or uninsulated. I would just like to hear which one some of you guys bought and then I’d like to hear the conditions and temps you hunt in and if you would have rather got the other option. I’m leaning towards the 200 gram

I bought a pair of non insulated a few months ago. I wear a midweight wool sock with them, mostly because I have a small foot and the smallest mens size was still a hair too big for me, and my feet got pretty warm in them the couple times I've used them. My feet run pretty warm anyways but I think the all leather construction holds a good bit of heat in.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Kotaman

WKR
I've been wearing the insulated Nevada for about a year. They are my "go to" all purpose boot. I can go about any fall temps in 200 g. When things get cold late fall, I switch to 400 g. Can't say I was ever "too warm" in the 200's but I rarely hunt in temps above 70.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’ve run two of insulated ones the last several years from April through October get sweaty at times but not horrible.....did a review on these two years ago...great comfortable boot with excellent ankle support only downfall is the rand fails well before the rest of the boot

I went uninsulated since my feet run hot, especially in goretex. I also live in Texas and do most of my western hunting in early to mid season.

Last year I hunted the first week of October in northern British Columbia. Most days with a Darn Tough OTC Light Cushion sock. Most mornings were around 15* F and were spent on horseback for an hour or two. One cold day we decided to take a break from the goats and sit around calling for moose. Feeling didn't completely return to my two big toes for a couple of months...

So while I'll really like the uninsulated and plan to use them on every western hunt I currently have planned. I'll probably choose some insulation next time I'm going to be spending a lot of time on a horse in the mid to late season.

bradr3367

Lil-Rokslider
I bought the 200g. I hunt in 20-70 degree plus temps and like them very well. I ordered the wide size, but probably wouldn't have needed it. One thing I don't like about em, is the locking lace. It's difficult to get it to lock the laces. I can live with it, but it's frustrating when trying to lock them up and the lace keeps slipping out. Besides that, the boots are awsome