Crispi Nevada sizing and heel slip in general

UglyJow

Lil-Rokslider
In another thread I mentioned that I picked up a pair of Nevadas from BO. My feet are different sizes and so my left boot feels great and the right one feels just a little loose. It's not moving a lot, but it certainly doesn't feel glued into the heel cup. Using a different lacing technique and superfeet, I got most of that slip out, but it still feels a little loose compared to the left boot.

Just to check them, I went to the gym for a quick check today. I did 10 minutes on the stair master and another's 15 on the treadmill. Wore only a light cushion boot length Darn Tough sock, no liner or other blister prevention. I did not get any hotspots or anything feeling uncomfortable or awkward in my feet. They actually felt pretty great. I alternated between a side stepping motion and other different foot positions trying to get a closer to realty test but no issues arose.

Would you guys consider these good to go? The boots are still returnable at this point, but once put to the real test they are obviously mine. Would that feeling of not being glued into the heel cup stop you from keeping the boot?

Edit: this is the first pair of "real" boots I've owned. I've always run trail runners, so this is new to me. The Nevadas feel a lot like my tread runners in terms of fit and how I like to run them, but I am not sure how they are *supposed* to feel.

Davebuech

WKR
Hey Uglyjow, I didn't see your post in the other thread until yesterday. I gave you my experience with this boot in that thread. It sounds like we have similar issues with our feet. I still have a smidgen of slip on the right but the left is rock solid. I have been hiking in them a bit more lately here in the steepest stuff I can find in Kentucky. So far so good, no hot spots or blisters. The real test will be when I get back home to the mountains of Colorado, but for now, I'm feeling good about the boot and the fit. It's really darn comfortable.
If you have room in the front, you might want to consider downsizing a half size.
Good luck and let us know how things work out.

My Nevada's fit well, but I do have to KT tape my heels if I am going to be doing any serious length in them. With the KT tape I have zero issues, but I know exactly what you are saying.

They are a great boot, I would keep breaking them in and tape up just to be safe. Or, like most folks say, you should know right away if a boot works or doesn't work for you. With an issue like this, if you don't want to ever have to worry about taping up, I would consider returning and going another route.

OP
UglyJow

UglyJow

Lil-Rokslider
Honestly, I anticipate leukotaping my heels and the outside of my pinky ties whenever using any boots regardless. I haven't ever owned a nice pair of boots, but with the cheap Columbias I've used in the past I've always taped as a preventative and don't anticipate stopping.

Honestly, I anticipate leukotaping my heels and the outside of my pinky ties whenever using any boots regardless. I haven't ever owned a nice pair of boots, but with the cheap Columbias I've used in the past I've always taped as a preventative and don't anticipate stopping.

Then I would keep them, they are a nice boot that's in my mind, sort of a do-all that's covered me from spring turkey hunting to elk, sheep, and late season deer hunts.

You should have zero problems with tape. I never have.

I would also add that if you decide to return them, look at the La Sportiva Trango Cube boots. I am putting some miles on a pair now, no tape, light cushion socks, and I have had zero issues. I love the boot. So just something to think about.