Crispi Nevada vs Briksdal vs Asolo fugitive gtx

So I’m torn between these two crispi boots. And I really may end up ordering both and sending back the one I don’t like. However, I’d like to hear what people have to say about each and if anyone has experience with both.

I have the Asolo fugitive gtx boots and have two seasons on them but they are no longer waterproof/resistant. They have been really good boots but I’m wanting an all leather boot this time.
I am curious how the two crispi boots compare the the Asolo as far as stiffness in the sole. I’ve spent several hours trying to find info online with no luck.

My hunting is anything from relatively flat to shell/rock at 13,500 with a day pack or 60 pounds. Just depends where I am and what I’m doing. But almost always has been and will be during archery season. Would like to find an all around boot that can cover just about anything but mostly focused on western hunting. I have other boots to handle whitetails east of the Rockies.

Thank you for your input and I’ll keep searching the inter web as I wait for replies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vandy321

WKR
I actually posted a similar question and wrote a brief write up of my thoughts after I bought and scouted in the Briksdal, not sure if its searchable or not. Had some good inputs from others.

I have had Asolo Fugitives since 2012...agree they dont stay waterproof for longer than a year. Time will tell if my Crispis do, but reviews seem to say they do.

Sole on the Briskdal flexes in a slightly different spot, but I think it feels a better, not a lighter flex, just in a better more ergonomic spot. Hard to explain this but overall stiffness in the sole feels very similar from a toe flex standpoint, however, the Briskdals dont feel as 'hard' on my feet...if that makes sense at all...and that is with stock insoles in both. They feel great from the flats/approaches, steep rocky climbs and traversing scree fields.

I wear a 10 in both, sizing was similar. The Briksdal fits narrow like the Fugitive.

Lacing and heel lock is far better in the Briksdal, as is the upper ankle support. My ankles seem to feel a little less stable my fugitives than the Briksdal with weight in the pack.

The Briksdal easily gets the nod in comfort as well...and my feet appriciate the insulation over the fugitive, and they seem to breathe well when my feet sweat. They're more expensive, but in my experience, you get what you pay for. I now keep my fugitives for around the house/town and save my crispis so for the mountain only.

Last edited:
OP
ddavis_1313
I actually posted a similar question and wrote a brief write up of my thoughts, not sure if its searchable or not. Had some good inputs from others.

I have had Asolo Fugitives since 2012...agree they dont stay waterproof for longer than a year. Time will tell if my Crispis do, but reviews seem to say they do.

Sole on the Briskdal flexes in a slightly different spot, but I think it feels a better, not a lighter flex, just in a better more ergonomic spot. Hard to explain this but overall stiffness in the sole feels very similar from a toe flex standpoint, however, the Briskdals dont feel as 'hard' on my feet...if that makes sense at all...and that is with stock insoles in both. They feel great from the flats/approaches, steep rocky climbs and traversing scree fields.

I wear a 10 in both, sizing was similar. The Briksdal fits narrow like the Fugitive.

Lacing and heel lock is far better in the Briksdal, as is the upper ankle support. My ankles seem to feel a little less stable my fugitives than the Briksdal with weight in the pack.

The Briksdal easily gets the nod in comfort as well...and my feet appriciate the insulation over the fugitive, and they seem to breathe well when my feet sweat. They're more expensive, but in my experience, you get what you pay for. I keep my fugitives for around the house/town and save my crispis so for the mountain only.

Appreciate the feedback. I completely understand what you mean in regards to feeling hard on your feet. I had to change the insole quickly in my fugitives because long hikes with a pack would bruise my heel. That went away after the swap but you aren’t exactly walking on cushion either unless you wear a quality sock. They suck with normal cotton socks. Lol

I've had those Asolo's and now have the Nevadas. They are two totally different shoes. The Nevada's are a true leather "boot" and the Fugitive is a "hiker".
Day pack I'd wear the Asolo's for sure, but the Nevada's would be my choice if I had heavy weight on my back.

Disclaimer: I haven't had the Nevada's very long and they really don't fit me the greatest.

OP
ddavis_1313
I've had those Asolo's and now have the Nevadas. They are two totally different shoes. The Nevada's are a true leather "boot" and the Fugitive is a "hiker".
Day pack I'd wear the Asolo's for sure, but the Nevada's would be my choice if I had heavy weight on my back.

Disclaimer: I haven't had the Nevada's very long and they really don't fit me the greatest.

What do you not like about the fit compared to the Asolo? What about sizing comparison?

Overall they have too much volume for my foot shape. The toe area is good but the back half has too much volume. The instep feels a little low for me also.
These are very personal things depending on ones foot shape.

OP
ddavis_1313
Overall they have too much volume for my foot shape. The toe area is good but the back half has too much volume. The instep feels a little low for me also.
These are very personal things depending on ones foot shape.

Gotcha. Just curious Bc I have a flat foot and plantar fasciitis as well as a slightly wider foot than most. So boots for me are a struggle.

Catahoula

WKR
Never tried Asolo ever, however I have tried both the Crispi Nevada and the Briksdal. The Briksdal was to sloppy on my feet. Ended up keeping the Nevada. Much better heel cup and toe box is roomy. Seems to lock my heel down better as well. Now after a couple seasons I’m happy with my choice. Best of luck with your fit!!