Crispi Nevada vs Kenetrek mountain extreme

Torn between these two boots looking for a durable leather boot that will last for years. Any opinion on which is better?? Will be elk hunting as well as whitetail hunting on east coast.

I’ve tried both, sent the kenetreks back and have been using the Nevada for about 4-5 years. It’s going to be personal. I think the Nevada will be a shorter, lighter more agile boot, and I think has the perfect amount of support and stiffness. I remember the kenetreks being taller and beefier.

With that said..
My wife runs the 400gr kenetrek and loves them, but I think the women’s are shorter and designed a little different than the men’s model.

Richieber

FNG
This is very subjective, I tried a buddies new Kennetrek Mountain Extremes and they were not comfortable to me. The arches felt like I was stepping on a ball. I tried the Crispi Nevada's at the Harrisburg PA outdoor show and they felt great, but my buddy swears by the Kennetreks. I would say try them both on, possible order both and send back the one you don't like.

KurtR

WKR
I tried the Nevada’s and they were not as comfortable to me as the ME I had to switch both footbeds out as I have flat feet. Before that I had meindls that I loved and since they have a USA store again when it comes time will look to them again

bpotter

Lil-Rokslider
I have both and use for different purposes. Besides being a taller boot, the Kennetreks are a less flexible sole. Both have great ankle support.

OldGrayJB

WKR
I have no experience with the Crispis but I have a pair of Kennetreks. I really like them. My first impression was the high arch felt strange, but not bad. It almost felt like the arch was too far back in the footbed. Right in front of my heel. Nevertheless, I went on a break-in hike. Ended up hiking 12 miles that day in brand new boots without any foot problems. I like them more every time I use them.

mhouck06

FNG
Maybe its been brought up on here before, but I really like go Hunts new boot buying tool. I know they have the Crispi Nevadas on there.. I dont think they have the Kenetreks but it still seems like a great resource to research boots. That being said, I prefer the Nevadas.

nphunter

WKR
Totally different boots. The Crispi Nevada is more comparable to a hiking shoe, like an upgraded Danner or Keen style hiking boot. The kennetrek is built more like a mountaineering boot.

I have a pair of Nevada’s with about 5 miles on them and am already searching for a better boot for me. I’m ordering Scarpa Grand Dru’s, I’m coming from Meindl AK hunters which they discontinued and Lowa Tibet’s. IMO compared to those two and the Scarpa the Crispi Nevada’s feel pretty insignificant. I had some major foot fatigue the first time wearing the Nevada’s I’m really rocky steep sage country, I honestly can’t remember the last time my feet got sore like that while she’s hunting. No hotspots and the crispis are comfortable but they are not stiff at all.

300m

FNG
I have the Kenetrek Mountain Extreme NI. Solid boot. Sole does wear quickly (more so in my opinion than Vibram brand). Like people have mentioned, they are stiff and take time to break-in. In fact, this is the first boot I had to break-in. I have never worn Crispi Nevada's. From a picture, the Crispi's look more like a hiking boot than a mountain hunting boot. Make sure you have a good sock system. I had to experiment with a few combinations until I found what works for me in Kenetreks.

OP
C
It's so hard to find a leather boot that does it all seems both have their positives and negatives I'm just torn because of the investment in both brands

I've had both. Really wanted to like the Nevadas but just couldn't find a size that fit me right and they were always kinda slightly uncomfortable in some way and they are not as supportive imo. Not a knock on the boot, I think if they fit my foot properly, they would have been good. I'm in Mountain Extremes now. The first few weeks in them was a struggle but after they broke in, I began to like them a lot. Love the ankle support and how warm the uninsulated version is in fairly cold weather. On the other hand, they are a bit too warm for me during early season/warm weather.

Lastly, Kenetrek customer support is fantastic. I've had 2 leather repairs done (both my fault). They did a great job on the repair and also waxed the boot, put a new lace on it, and sent another lace for the other boot back with it.

Last edited:

Devenk89

Lil-Rokslider
Can't speak about the Kenetreks, But I'm on year 3 on my Crispi Nevadas. Have treated them a couple times and they still keep me bone dry. Packing up as we speak to go do a little early season scouting/dove hunting

Bo2103

FNG
Well biggest difference in these boots is a Crispi does not need a break in period and Kenetrek are about 50 mile break in. I like my crispi’s as much as my Kenetreks.

It's so hard to find a leather boot that does it all seems both have their positives and negatives I'm just torn because of the investment in both brands
the nevada has some flex, kenetreks have very little. i despise kenetreks, but the nevada is about as stiff as i want ever.... hard to pick the better boot for you not knowing enough about the hunting you do or preference in boots. i have had 4 pair of crispis, and gave up on them... they make a pretty good boot, but their sizing is all over the board on different models.

luckily, that pushed me to zamberlan and they have been awesome... we have 4 pair between my wife and i, and they have been great in every regard.... staying dry on the coast is a problem with boots (kenetrek certainly included) and the zamberlans have been flawless there... even the low tops i elk hunt in, still bone dry as long as you wear gaiters, even all day in the rain... super impressed with them so far after wearing and wearing out a pile of boots