Crispi.....one boot to rule them all!

Crispi fan here and +1 for black ovis also.

I have run Thor’s from the Grand Canyon to snow With a set of gaiters. For super cold, I would want some insulation but I really like them As an all around boot. Mine have stayed water proof and the uppers have held up well. If I had a gripe, it is that the soles seem to wear a little fast. I have a set of Idaho’s too. Love them but they see a lot less use since I found the Thor’s. If I was spending a lot of time in cold snow, I might go with an insulated Nevada.
Question, what do you consider wearing out a little fast? How many seasons/miles? I'm looking at buying a pair

npro04

Lil-Rokslider
Hard beating uninsulated Nevada. Light mid heavy weight sock. Liner sock no liner sock. Add gaiters etc etc. uninsulated 8” leather boot has to be the most versatile option. Atleast that was my thinking when I got my Nevada’s.

Question, what do you consider wearing out a little fast? How many seasons/miles? I'm looking at buying a pair
Hmmm. Not sure. Had my first pair for 3 years But I rotate a lot of different footwear and only use them for hunting and backpacking so tough to say. I saw sole wear after 20-30 miles. They are now over 150 miles or maybe more. I would say they are wearing faster than the asolos they replaced. I may have them resoled as the upper is still pretty good and they are still waterproof. I also already bought a second pair.

if I am not mistaken someone in a position to know posted a while back that Crispi opted for a softer sole on the thor that wears faster but has better tracking on rock.

Last edited:

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
a stickier outsole often comes at the cost of quicker wear, with that said I have 150-200 miles on mine and the soles still look pretty decent- these are Thor II's so not sure if the soles are the same as the Thor I????